• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beardy is not eating

redflea13

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey,
me and my girl friend just bought to bearded dragons and for the fist to days they seemed to be doing fine. i have done a lot of research, i am keeping them both in a 20 gallon long cage and the temps. and humidity are right for them.

When we got them they were eating fine but, now they do not seem to be eating any of the food(crickets, veggies, or meal worms). I am kind of worried about them but, i dont know what is going on.

Also i have noticed that they are shedding around the tail area.

i was just trying to get some info on what could be going on....so what ever you could tell me please feel free to do so. ??? ??? ???

[email protected]

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Never feed your bearded dragon baby any type of meal worms it can cause them to get impacted and may be the reason they arent eating. Try soaking them in warm water. Have you noticed if they have been using the bathroom since they stopped eating?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
since you just recently got your dragons they can still be dealing with relocation stress...secondly, like mentioned above, mealworms are an awful insect to feed to your dragons so i would suggest feeding crickets, roaches, silkworms or phoenix worms as a staple insect...also which veggies are you feeding your dragons? another possibility for your dragons not eating are the fact they are shedding...some dragons appetites slow down during a shed...inaccurate temps are also a reason too basking temps should be anywhere from 110-115+ degrees measured with a temp gun or digital thermometer with a probe...and last but not least...you dragons are housed together...they could be stressing eachother out and that will definitely mess up their appetites and other aspects of health

kendra

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
if it a babt u cant feed it mealworm if its not eating put them in warm water . see if they poop if they do goood then go to your local petstore and by beardie pealts and mix wit water and feed them that.

Latest posts