• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie took a fall

veda789

Bearded Dragon Egg
We were cleaning out Biscuits enclosure and when my boyfriend went to put him back in he decided to leap from his hands. When my boyfriend wad looking at him he saw a bump along his ribs, he's not really moving and gets very angry when we try to take a look at him.Not sure if he's actually injured or if we're just overreacting. We're new to lizards and don't have alot of money to fix him up. I think it was only from a foot up or less I'm not sure how good they are at taking falls I'm just worried for him.

Attachments

• 20231119_215157.jpg
    20231119_215157.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We were cleaning out Biscuits enclosure and when my boyfriend went to put him back in he decided to leap from his hands. When my boyfriend wad looking at him he saw a bump along his ribs, he's not really moving and gets very angry when we try to take a look at him.Not sure if he's actually injured or if we're just overreacting. We're new to lizards and don't have alot of money to fix him up. I think it was only from a foot up or less I'm not sure how good they are at taking falls I'm just worried for him.
What did he fall on? Please watch for black bearding and odd behavior--- it is never good when they fall -- please anytjme your moving him keep your hand across his back so he cant jump from you---- next please get him off the sand he looks very young and will ingest it when he eats anything in the tank - NOT good it will cause impaction - please get him on some paper towels for now and look at getting him some textured NON adhesive shelf liner w/ NO grooves in it - it will be easier to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --- please go over your lighting -- surface basking temps NO analogs you need a digital probe thermometer and they should be 105-110 for a dragon 6 months and up -- NO coils for UVB those would be in a dome fixture --- you want a long tube fixture I can recommend 3 good ones -- these things I just posted about are crucial to his overall health and behavior -- if they are not on par he will quit eating and you will have all kinds of health issues w/ him

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What did he fall on? Please watch for black bearding and odd behavior--- it is never good when they fall -- please anytjme your moving him keep your hand across his back so he cant jump from you---- next please get him off the sand he looks very young and will ingest it when he eats anything in the tank - NOT good it will cause impaction - please get him on some paper towels for now and look at getting him some textured NON adhesive shelf liner w/ NO grooves in it - it will be easier to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --- please go over your lighting -- surface basking temps NO analogs you need a digital probe thermometer and they should be 105-110 for a dragon 6 months and up -- NO coils for UVB those would be in a dome fixture --- you want a long tube fixture I can recommend 3 good ones -- these things I just posted about are crucial to his overall health and behavior -- if they are not on par he will quit eating and you will have all kinds of health issues w/ him
Update on dragon please

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Wow, poor thing. How is he doing? Since he fell, & you don't know the extent of his
injuries please move his basking lights to adjust his basking temperatures.
Be sure to place some very soft fleece blankets down on the bottom for him so he
doesn't have to climb at all to bask.
If at all possible, I would consider getting him in for an x-ray if you can.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Latest posts