• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie thinks temp gun is food

Drewz74

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Anyone else have a dragon that does this? Every time I measure temps he runs over and starts biting at the yellow tip xD
I think he thinks it's fruit or something yummy.
One of these days I'll have to make a video.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh Diegos had a bite a few time looks very disapointed when.he relises.its.not hehe :)

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh man, I thought it was only me. When my Beardie' knows it is going to be fed, and I walk out of the room, even though I keep the probe way out of her reach, she manages to get it, rip it apart, and try to swallow it. I freak out because I'm afraid she may choke on it. She literally goes ballistic for it but only when she knows she is going to be fed. So guess what. NO MORE TEMP. PROBES FOR HER! Sorry about that. Got carried away a litle bit :(.

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
My dragon has a thing for the color green we can't put any green decor in her tank she'll try to eat it. Even her repti carpet she tried to eat at first....silly dragons

Marmoset

Hatchling Dragon
Mine does not run over but he always does that fast beardie licking thing. I think he's just checking it out since I mostly use it to check his basking temps where he is sitting.

Latest posts