• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie rescued

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
Just wanted to share,my friend rescued a 2 1\2 yr old male,the previous owner out him on Craigslist for free.She saw the pics he posted and new he was in bad shape..long story short,when she got there he was in 20gal aquarium,no uvb,no heat lamps,only a regular bulb! He was on soil,nothing in there to climb or get off the dirt..he was solid black from dirt and feces,he has never gave him a soak,how he's alive I have no idea..fighter! She put him in warm bath and used toothbrush to clean him up,he lapped the water up like a dog for 30mins,I know this is long,but some people should not have something they can't take care of..after cleaning him up we saw he has broken leg likely from mbd from no uvb,tremor's,one side of mouth sags,he was showing teeth and very skittish(understandable) all he EVER fed him is Cale and mealworms..one day later,he is eating crickets and collard's like it's his last meal:( and from wanting to tear your fingers off to climbing in your lap..very sad story with a happy ending!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Your friend is a good person :) The little guy sounds like a fighter.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Alot of people give them up after they have outgrown the "cute" phase. These are always cute......give your friend both thumbs up.

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
So far so good,he is eating like a pig! But drinks water nonstop! So sad how dehydrated he is..i bought 200 large crickets,he ate every single one of them,he was starving,and ate big bowl of greens and supers today,gotta make another cricket run today..yes she def gets 2 thumbs up,she is wonderful to her beardies

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Healthy appetite! That's wonderful! He's going to be a happy camper. It's great that you're able to help her

Latest posts