• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon possibly egg bound?

DragonSoul

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a young female (2 yrs) that laid eggs a few times over the course of a week. She stopped scratching and attempting to lay now. She's been eating a little bit not as much as usual, I saw a small egg in her stool the other day. She's been laying in her hide almost constantly. This is her first time laying as far as I know and I believe she successfully paired before the laying started. I added calcium powder and did everything suggested I could find.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a young female (2 yrs) that laid eggs a few times over the course of a week. She stopped scratching and attempting to lay now. She's been eating a little bit not as much as usual, I saw a small egg in her stool the other day. She's been laying in her hide almost constantly. This is her first time laying as far as I know and I believe she successfully paired before the laying started. I added calcium powder and did everything suggested I could find.
Not experienced w / this so I am going to get w/ someone who is -- will get back w/ you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not experienced w / this so I am going to get w/ someone who is -- will get back w/ you
Here is the response I got
How many eggs were laid ? Some dragons have a few " leftovers " popped out like that afterwards. Does she look sick, sluggish , blackbeard ? Those would be things to watch for. Give her a warm soak and she might pop out another.

DragonSoul

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is the response I got
How many eggs were laid ? Some dragons have a few " leftovers " popped out like that afterwards. Does she look sick, sluggish , blackbeard ? Those would be things to watch for. Give her a warm soak and she might pop out another.
I soaked her the other day and that was when she produced the small egg in her Feces. She seems slightly sluggish but if she comes out of the tank she runs around my room and seems alert again. Her beards been normal coloration. Total she produced around 10-14.. all were slugs.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I soaked her the other day and that was when she produced the small egg in her Feces. She seems slightly sluggish but if she comes out of the tank she runs around my room and seems alert again. Her beards been normal coloration. Total she produced around 10-14.. all were slugs.
What kind of UVB are you using? coil or a long tube fixture?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Coil, I could switch her to a tube fixture if that's better.
Coils are a health hazard - please get a 24" zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb 24 watt found at pet Smart or a sunblaster nano tech w the 24" reptisun bulb - if you want links I can post them

Latest posts