• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Back up Battery

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
I’ve had some power outages lately, during the day luckily. But if it’s a cool night and his heater goes down I want something in place for power. Been looking on-line and found units to recharge your laptop or tablets and phones. Not sure if that’s enough power. Does anyone have a back up power source or maybe small generator? Cold winters in Michigan and I don’t want my boy to freeze.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve had some power outages lately, during the day luckily. But if it’s a cool night and his heater goes down I want something in place for power. Been looking on-line and found units to recharge your laptop or tablets and phones. Not sure if that’s enough power. Does anyone have a back up power source or maybe small generator? Cold winters in Michigan and I don’t want my boy to freeze.
I can get some help on this - will get back w/ you

Jeof

Bearded Dragon Egg
We tried for two years to find a solution to this because all that stuff for laptops etc. doesn’t work. We ultimately got a Duracell PowerBlock 500 Gasless Battery Generator and it works great. (Pure sine wave inverter). We use it with a Herpstat. We got ours at Costco (looks like they aren’t selling them now) but I see the same one on the Walmart website. Hope this helps.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I heard back this is what he responded w/
I have an APC server backup for Darwin's tank lights. They are fairly expensive though so a lower powered desktop style UPS set to run a heat projector only might be a better bet for emergency heat. That said, unless it is going to get below normal room temperature for an extended period of time, I haven't found it to be necessary or all that useful. They do just fine at room temps for hours or even days. Supplement that with some body warmth or heat packs and they are in good shape for a while. I like to keep the reptile shipping heat packs on hand for emergencies and travel. Much more cost effective and useful.

Latest posts