• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aries: Story of the Super Citrus

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
On the 18th, I will have my new baby "Super Citrus" Bearded Dragon from Fire & Ice Dragons. Found out today, I'm having a male. As described, he has all clear nail, the brightest of the clutch and he has those trade mark 100% Citrus traits like the lavender side bars. Then I realized what his name will be. I'm naming him Aries. Son of Zeus. It's very fitting since his father's name is Zeus. I will update this thread with pics of the unpacking and unveiling of Aries. He is currently 6.5" long and eating everything given (cricks and silk worms).

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Two days to go! :rolleyes: Don't forget pictures! I can't wait to see the little thing! :D

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Here ya'll go people! His name is Aries....
IMG_0756.jpg

Mariah94

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Cannot wait to see more pictures! One day I will have a super citrus, but today is not that day. Beautiful boy!

Mariah94

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You should start a thread on him for his life stories, pictures, journey, pictures and did I mention pictures? :)

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Only if I could edit the Title again, I would put his name in there and call this what you are saying? Here is an update picture of him.... he is in the middle of shed. His tail is done so far. He had me worried when he didn't eat one day but Germ helped me through it. Just like when you worry about a newborn baby I tell you what....
IMG_0781.jpg

This one was taken this AM, He is more yellow than what showing here. I like this picture because it shows all his clear nails and how healthy he looks now since he gave Daddy a scare....

Mariah94

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So handsome! I know the new baby scare, my first girl wouldn't eat for almost two weeks! He looks really good. So cute!!

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks... he definitely has a weakness for mealworms. Don't worry, I didn't spoil him. Aries is great, I feed him with my Wife's long eye tweezers just to prevent him getting spooked with my fingers. They are very smart and now Aries (day 4) is associating my hand and tweezers with food. He also lets me know when he is hungry by running up and scratching the glass door. I can see his silhouette on the white sheets of papers I have taped up for his acclimation period. One day... he will be as bright as his daddy, My Avatar picture is his father, "Zeus".

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Today, Aries ate 25 Crix and quite a bit Collard Greens. After Breakfast (8 crix), I gave him his last mealworm, out of the dozen from this week, and after he was done I told him "All Done". LOL, He replied with his first Head Bobbing to me. Day 1 Arm waving, Day 2 Heart Attack, Day 6 Head Bobbing.... Excitement and scares. Gotta love 'em .

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Aries finish his she for the most part (95%). Here is a picture after I misted him tonight:
IMG_0810.JPG

He sure is brightening up in color. The yellow looks brighter than when I first got him 7 days ago. He was a bit timid today, I think due to shedding. However, I did spoil him with some mustard greens. 1st time I fed to him, he loves them!

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Got my phoenix worms in today (400 ct.). Pretty much 95% lived through a 2 day shipping. I would suggest an Overnight for these guys, they seem sensitive. Anyhow, Aries loved them and had no problem enjoying them even during shed. He has been hesitant about crix for the last 2 days. Now i know how to boost his calcium intake when his appetite is poor. However, mealworms by far is his very best. I pull one of those out and he is almost jumping in my lap for 1.

Latest posts