• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arcadia 12% over mesh

Sutt

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 40gallon tank with a new arcadia 12% T5 light fixture on top of tank. I planned to place inside tank but realized all my decor would be extremely close.

Just wondering if it’s okay to keep over mesh or should i get a 6% to place inside the tank. My basking/hanging out spots would be about 10 inches away. Attached is a picture of mesh cover

Attachments

• IMG_4977.jpeg
    IMG_4977.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 40gallon tank with a new arcadia 12% T5 light fixture on top of tank. I planned to place inside tank but realized all my decor would be extremely close.

Just wondering if it’s okay to keep over mesh or should i get a 6% to place inside the tank. My basking/hanging out spots would be about 10 inches away. Attached is a picture of mesh cover
That is a wide hole screen but I am concerned w/ how thick it is --- you can try placing it directly over the basking decor piece 8-10 inches - I would go w/ 8 and watch his behavior - if it looks like hes trying to get closer to the UVB then I would get it in the tank - do not change the bulb leave the 12% bulb - or you can also get the 14% bulb and go w/ the top of screen w/ the 10 inches distance - those are a lot stronger bulb - but I would see w/ the 12 % bulb first and 8 inches

Latest posts