• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone Else Do This?

Emily

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I took a nap with Diddy today. He curled up on my belly and we slept for a good 2 hours all snuggled under the covers. BEST. NAP. EVER.
a9a172a4737e11e181bd12313817987b_6.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I took a nap with Diddy today. He curled up on my belly and we slept for a good 2 hours all snuggled under the covers. BEST. NAP. EVER.
View attachment 1480
Nope! Mine stay in their homes cept when they go to take a bath and when it's warm we go for walks outside. They're still not quite old enough that sitting still happens for long periods of time.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Interaction is OK for short periods of time. But you have to take into consideration, frequent extended time outside of the enclosure, removes them from the needed proper heat & their UVB. These are not cat's or dogs & should not be treated as such. There is a reason that we do our best & go to great lengths to provide a proper environment, that doesn't do much good if they are not in it. Just sayin'

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
yah, i wud be 2 scared 2 sleep w/my beardie, cuz i tend 2 toss & turn in my sleep. not 2 meantion i wudnt wanna wake up & find my beardie's not sleeping nemore. also my bed is very high up, i wudnt want him 2 try 2 jump off of it & injur himself. my fat boy's quite active as well, the only way he'll stay put is if i get him out an hour or 2 b4 bedtime, than he snuggles up on me & goes 2 sleep.

Renae_nae

Hatchling Dragon
The only time Sahara is still is when I'm up walking around. Otherwise she's off to explore. If the dogs are out she'll only adventure to the edge of the couch otherwise she's off to find a window.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Every night it is a routine for Baby and I to snuggle together for awhile! He curls up on my neck and falls asleep and then I put him to bed in his own bed. It's precious and makes me feel so loved and happy! I feel so guilty putting him to bed because he wakes up and clings to me and doesn't want me to put him back. It makes me so sad but I know he'll fall asleep soon! I can only imagine myself having children one day...they say at some point you need to just leave the baby crying...YA RIGHT!!!! LOL...I am so overproductive of my beardie I can only imagine how I would be with a real baby! ;)

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
:p whew i'm glad i'm not the only one!!! I take him out about 15 minutes before lights out and lay him on my chest and cover him with a blanket. Mine has the exact same reaction when I put him on his stick. He grabs hold of my fingers and opens his little eyes. Then I turn all the lights out in the house and make the kids be quiet because "the baby is sleeping" lol.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Awww that is adorable!!! That's hilarious that you make the kids be quiet because I have to act that way towards my boyfriend who frustrates me sometimes because he doesn't go to bed until 3 in the morning and Baby sometimes can't sleep when he's watching tv and has the lights on!! So I told him from now on if he sleeps over the tv goes off at 10 and he can keep ONE light on but that Baby needs his rest! LOL!

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
Just cover the enclosure with a blanket, leaving the vents clear, of course. That's what I do b/c i'm usually up until 1 am. As long as the light is not shining into his tank, my beardie sleeps through the night (from 9pm to 7:30 or 8am)

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
I love having him in the living room so I can see him and watch what he does during the day. I'll figure out something for him those are both very good idea's. I need to post a pic of how he sleeps. I'm not sure what i'm going to do when he outgrows his sticks.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
yup, i also cover my beardie's enclosure after his lights go out that way the light on in the living room doesn't disturb him!

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I might take a nap with Eliza some time! :D But, I agree with Germ, if we take naps with em and stuff, let's remember they still have other needs like UV and stuff. :D

Latest posts