• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Allie Fell

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's the first time she's eaten them all and I spoke with Elliot from Reptaid last night asking him about yellow fungus. He gave me his link and told me some tips on yellow fungus. He told me that it's difficult to tell if the fungus goes away or not. You just have to wait til they shed those spots to be normal. She woke up at 2-3 in the morning and drank water and probiotics.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good question for you all. Why is when I look into Allie's mouth, I see her glottis' clear and her stomach opening open. She's also making a noise like she ate or drank too much. I have a feeling she might have aspirated and is very hydrated.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How would I get rid of water in her ears? I think she got some in her ears last night during her bath.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
http://www.petco.com/product/116368...oy.aspx?CoreCat=MM_SmallAnimalSupplies_Treats

I have this bridge for her to climb on and went to clean her tank tonight. I noticed something oozing out of the wood! This isn't a good product to get because it's leaching out sap. Now this is a strange case. I put this bridge into a 350 degree oven to bake with her other wood pieces. It didn't have a sap or any discharge. I took it out when I saw it and thought: This could be the reason why she's having 'RI symptoms'. The girl is sleeping alone in her bed underneath her 60 Watt CHE. I told her to stay underneath it tonight and she has.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie was dying today. She couldn't breathe and her glottis was full of fluid and her mouth was yellow, including her tongue. She started to poop and urate. I was patting her back and having her lay down on me, head down. She opened up her mouth and I saw a glob of something stuck on her glottis and roof. I took a q-tip and the fluid stuck to the q-tip. I took out a huge glob of mucous discharge and pink blood? She was dark when she couldn't breathe. The mucous was pink and the Reptaid is possibly helping that infection out. After the mucous discharge, her tongue turned pink and her mouth started to change from yellow to pink.

I saved her life I hope. She is now warming up under basking spot and is weak from struggling to breathe. She's now able to breathe and I hope she's out of the blue.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
OMG, That's crazy! Whatever that was she was choking on it, good thing you were there to get it out in time!

I don't know what to tell you about what you are seeing in her mouth. I have 2 dragons that won't open their mouth for me for nothing so I wouldn't know what the inside of their mouth looks like! Luci is acting a little off today, I think he might have some pain from his toe, and I tried to look in his mouth but can't get it open.

As far as the ears go, I use baby towels for the dragons so they are a little thinner than normal towels. After baths I very gently take the towel and just wipe the ear. I discovered yesterday that Luci also loves standing underneath the shower stream so I always make sure ears are dry!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She opens her mouth on command.

On the edge of her tongue there's an opening where they breathe.

Open Mouth.jpg
Openmouth2.jpg

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OMG, That's crazy! Whatever that was she was choking on it, good thing you were there to get it out in time!

I don't know what to tell you about what you are seeing in her mouth. I have 2 dragons that won't open their mouth for me for nothing so I wouldn't know what the inside of their mouth looks like! Luci is acting a little off today, I think he might have some pain from his toe, and I tried to look in his mouth but can't get it open.

As far as the ears go, I use baby towels for the dragons so they are a little thinner than normal towels. After baths I very gently take the towel and just wipe the ear. I discovered yesterday that Luci also loves standing underneath the shower stream so I always make sure ears are dry!

She used to be mouth shy, but now she opens her mouth and lets you look. She's starting to come around and she's basking in her lights. Before, she wasn't looking good and right. I really started to think: Liver Disease or Failure. Kidney failure...or something was happening. She had her vent open, trying to urate and poop. I felt so upset and thought the fungus had taken its toll. The Reptaid XL's working for her.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my dear. What a little trooper! I went through an incident with a horse this weekend (sliced an artery in his leg) - its so awful to watch them suffer and so amazing when they come through!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's sleeping and I'm patting her back while she's sleeping. I cried when I saw her tongue turning an awful shade of yellow.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my dear. What a little trooper! I went through an incident with a horse this weekend (sliced an artery in his leg) - its so awful to watch them suffer and so amazing when they come through!

I was lucky that I was home and she 'called me' by moving around frantically up there. I took her and watched her as she suffered. I did a lot of things today: CPR. (Yes CPR), Choking manuever, (Heimlech), and patting her back.

How's the horse? Are they ok?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The horse is in recovery - gonna be a while. Prayers for you.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think it's clearing up now. :) Yay! It's starting to look like shed now. And shadows contribute to the dark color.
Sorry for the bad pic. spot.jpg
And: Allie was restless last night. I couldn't get her to sleep. She kept waking up, shifting around, and then boom : She stopped and let loose a BM. I thought: That could be the reason she wasn't comfortable. She had to go poo and she did it on my sleeping shirt.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm stuck with a decision. Reptaid XL is working, but is there any reactions to it? I'm just wondering if this could because of it and she needs a break?