• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice Please (hump on back?)

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Oh, so, Spike is female then? Do you have a laybox for her so she will feel more comfortable
laying?
Be sure to give extra calcium also, to help her body replace the lost calcium through egg laying.
She will probably lay more eggs eventually.

Let us know how things are going.

Tracie
Yes ,I was told by her previous owner that she is a he, she has layed 1 more egg ,I have put a tray with sand inside in her tank and have given her some liquid calcium.

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Hi, spike has now laid 18 eggs (last 4 today),she has been active and energetic for a week ,layed the eggs ,now she is exhausted to a point she is just laying nearly asleep, she will not eat or drink ,should I just let her rest? I have given her some calcium water over the last few days .

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, spike has now laid 18 eggs (last 4 today),she has been active and energetic for a week ,layed the eggs ,now she is exhausted to a point she is just laying nearly asleep, she will not eat or drink ,should I just let her rest? I have given her some calcium water over the last few days .
Lets get some advice from someone whos experienced w/ the egg laying thing

MasterSplinter

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I adopted an unwanted beardie a year ago and he has been good but recently I ve noticed a possible hump in his back ,looking at old pics it's always been there I me just worried it's mbd. He has the correct lighting ,temp and calcium powder, could I have some thoughts please.
What kind of lighting are you using? Do you have a solar meter by chance? How old was he when you received him? Sorry for all the questions just want to help.

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
What kind of lighting are you using? Do you have a solar meter by chance? How old was he when you received him? Sorry for all the questions just want to help.
No I don't have a solar meter ,her uv tube was replaced in September, it's on a reflector on the ceiling, all her light and heat bulbs are spot on.She layed another 2 eggs this morning.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No I don't have a solar meter ,her uv tube was replaced in September, it's on a reflector on the ceiling, all her light and heat bulbs are spot on.She layed another 2 eggs this morning.
Ok I am still waiting to hear back from the person I reached out to --- the distance for your UVB should be directly over the basking decor piece 12-15 inches for a T 5 -- it wont due any good or not much if its higher than 15 inches --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here is the response I got about the egg laying

Offer hydration either by dripping it very slowly on her nose until she drinks or giving her a shallow lukewarm soak for 5 minutes to see if she'll drink. If she's not eating or drinking get some Reptaid or Repta boost if a local store has it, or Oxbow Critical Care.

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Thankyou, she has had some water with calcium in this morning, she layed 3 more eggs (that's 27 now).

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Wow, she has laid 27 eggs now, how is she doing?
I'm glad you have been giving calcium now, she definitely does need it right now. Egg laying
can really wear them out.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Wow, she has laid 27 eggs now, how is she doing?
I'm glad you have been giving calcium now, she definitely does need it right now. Egg laying
can really wear them out.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie
She layed another yesterday so 28 in all, she is still not eating but drinking every other day, I me using liquid calcium and liquid D3 ,

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
She layed another yesterday so 28 in all, she is still not eating but drinking every other day, I me using liquid calcium and liquid D3 ,
I ve ordered some oxbow critical care too

RDT

Hatchling Dragon
My beautiful girl spike layed 2 more eggs yesterday (30 in all) and this morning woke up and ate 10 calcium dusted King meal worms which is a relief .Hopefully she will now start eating her greens again.

Latest posts