• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A Special Note from the Forum Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
MyBeardie.com was created as a work area for my husband and me to jot down our research regarding caring for bearded dragons. As most of us have found, there is a lot of conflicting information out there regarding bearded dragon care.

After owning our bearded dragon for 3 1/2 years and joining various forums, we found that so many people were in the same boat as we once were. So, we decided to create a forum in order to help others have happy beardies. By no means, do we consider ourselves experts. We are still learning. I was once told that the minute you stop learning, consider yourself dead. I find this to be very true.

A few months after launching our forum, we had the opportunity to acquire BeardedDragonForum.com. The merge increased our member base and brought an array of knowledge.

One thing we wish to express is that there are multiple solutions to a problem. We may not agree with some of the solutions, but we can learn about it so that we understand why someone has chosen that solution.

Many of you have referenced this forum as the 'open-minded' forum and 'we are nice here'. We want to ensure we maintain that level of open-mindedness. One may not always agree with the actions of another. But all that can be done is to plead your case in a civilized manner. If you can't turn the other's opinion around, then you have to walk away and hope someone else will have better luck.

We have lost a member today due to some aggressive posts on a particular thread. We need to ensure we obtain all the facts before passing judgment. A lot can be misinterpreted in an email, a post, etc. Please keep in mind that we have a number of factors to consider when a new member posts - culture, age, language, etc. We need to ensure we have all the facts before passing judgment and getting defensive.

I have received a lot of feedback from members who have come and gone regarding how happy they have been with the forum and how members have saved their beardie's life. I have been informed that the community here performs the due diligence to learn about the situation at hand and not have the 'my way or the highway' mentality that a lot of the larger forums seasoned members have. We want to ensure we keep this momentum going. We have not had to create a conglomerate of rules or use the built in forum functionality to temporarily ban a member for offensive posting. We are hopeful that we can maintain the atmosphere that strived to achieve.

Thanks for your devotion and dedication to keeping our beardie families happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts