• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1st custom background

Skwish

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi all, thought id share my attempt at a custom 'rock' build ...went down the polystyrene and grout route, painted with acrylic paint, sealed with modpodge and made it all separate so it can all be easily removed and cleaned. Ive just ordered 2 brand new vivs (same size 4ft x 2 x 2) so this set up will be transferred to one and i'll do something similar for the other...Theres probably a few things i will change on the next build, like spend a bit more time on shaping to get a more natural look and incorporate a few real rocks aswell

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Awesome build!

I wish I had the space to do that; next year I am looking at getting a house; and with that all my animals will get upgraded; perhaps I'll try my hand at a project like this.

I really like the theme you did here!

Thanks for the great step by step photos.

Skwish

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It was actually alot easier than i thought, i watched quite a few vids of lizard landscapes on youtube which are really helpful, the hardest thing is having patients in between grout layers drying, paint drying and the sealer haha

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow!!! that looks amazing!!! I am very jealous!!

Angela

Hatchling Dragon
Yay! It looks fantastic! I have high endeavors of creating a Star Wars Tatooine themed viv sometime soon. I want to carve out the Lars' homestead and maybe get some little Jawa & Sandcrawler figures and hide them around. :) /nerd

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wow, sorry for the late post ....That is absolutely amazing. I wish I could do something similar but I have no idea how hah

Pammy

Hatchling Dragon
Hi this is great I'm on with doing the same, all grouted but struggling on the colour. What acrylic colour did u use?

Skwish

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi this is great I'm on with doing the same, all grouted but struggling on the colour. What acrylic colour did u use?
i just used a standard emulsion waterbased paint in a 'sandstone' colour for the basecoat....then i had some small brown, black and white acrylic tubes that i mixed various shades of brown , watered it down 50/50 with water and used a spray bottle to add thin layers of 'washes' and just built up the color un till i was happy with it

Latest posts