• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

14% or 12% UVB for 80cm high enclosure?

buccaneer

Hatchling Dragon
Hi! I'm setting up my beardies enclosure currently and I'm not sure what kind of UVB to get. The enclosure is 200x70x80 cm(LxDxH), I predict the UVB will be around 45cm away from the basking spot. I'll be using Arcadia's T5 UVB, the 90cm/3ft type as that's the only kind that fits my enclosure.

Arcadias lightning guide says 12% for 30-45cm and 14% for 45-60cm, so which one should I get?

In inches the enclosure is around 80x28x32(LxDxH), the estimated basking spot 18 inches away from the UVB.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! I'm setting up my beardies enclosure currently and I'm not sure what kind of UVB to get. The enclosure is 200x70x80 cm(LxDxH), I predict the UVB will be around 45cm away from the basking spot. I'll be using Arcadia's T5 UVB, the 90cm/3ft type as that's the only kind that fits my enclosure.

Arcadias lightning guide says 12% for 30-45cm and 14% for 45-60cm, so which one should I get?

In inches the enclosure is around 80x28x32(LxDxH), the estimated basking spot 18 inches away from the UVB.
Unless I am off I am coming up w/ a 300 gallon tank?????????? Is that correct-- ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I haven't calculated it but something like that haha
I would do half the tank length and the 14% bulb - it would need need to be inside w/ a distance of 17-18 inches directly above the basking decor - 14% bulbs are strong and given the height of the tank that would be a good fit- he needs to be able to get out of the rays w/ out having to hide from the uvb

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

The Arcadia D3 12% T5 tube is a great bulb, nice & bright too. Do you have pictures of the tank setup
you are using for him, just so we can see the overall arrangement?

Tracie

buccaneer

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

The Arcadia D3 12% T5 tube is a great bulb, nice & bright too. Do you have pictures of the tank setup
you are using for him, just so we can see the overall arrangement?

Tracie
Yep, I’ve ordered the 12% as 14% wasn’t available. I’ll post pictures when the enclosure is set up, we’re waiting for the lamps to arrive before we set everything up :)

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Great, we are looking forward to seeing pictures. I hope he is enjoying his new light!

Tracie

Latest posts