• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1 1/2 year old beardie

Natashja

Bearded Dragon Egg
Snapchat-444943234.jpg
Snapchat-589377069.jpg

Rescued this little dude about 6 months back. Previous owner had him for just over a year. No heat lamp, no uvb, no calcium supplements, no substrate, no hides or anything to climb on, no gutloaded bugs, nothing he now has everything he needs and more! He's only about 6" from head to tail, half of his tail is missing, and he was very skinny when I had him. My question is, does he look ok? Can anyone see any signs of mbd? I think he either has dwarfism or stunted growth from not getting anything he needs

Natashja

Bearded Dragon Egg
He looks ok -- please go over your set w/ me so we can make sure you have good husbandry - it's probable he has mbd as he was w/ out UVB during crucial time that he needed it and still does- please tell me you have a tube uvb and not a coil

Ofcourse he has a tube uvb

Natashja

Bearded Dragon Egg
He looks ok -- please go over your set w/ me so we can make sure you have good husbandry - it's probable he has mbd as he was w/ out UVB during crucial time that he needed it and still does- please tell me you have a tube uvb and not a coil

He's on playsand, has a big water dish that he bathes in, shelves in his tank that leave shade and he has a few hides too, 18w 200uvb t8 bulb about 50cm away from closest point and 60w spot heat bulb for heat. He gets fed 5/6 gutloaded (with kale and carrot) locusts a day dusted with calcium daily and multivitamins and calcium with d3 once a week. cress offered daily and he's bathed twice a week. Seems very happy and is extremely active, poop is soft brown with white bit

Natashja

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am glad you took him in I am surprised hes still alive but they have strong wills -- the UVB I would recommend a Reptisun or Arcadia T 5 bulb next time you change it out - the T 8's need to be replaced every 6 months and if your fixture is long enough that can take a T 5 I would do that --- they are the best on the market at this time --- also I would increase his D3 to every time you feed him his buts which for an adult is 2-3 times per week since he went w/ out UVB for so long and not being given at such a young age --- w/ vitamins 2 x per week --- here is a website for nutrition for you
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html-- he needs salad every day -- greens kale is good but I would give him variety -- collards mustard and turnip greens along w/ some squash --- take a look at the nutrition website and go from there --- as far substrate here is a website for information on loose substrates www.https://reptile.guide/best-substrate-bearded-dragon/--- you can go w/ some textured non adhesive shelf liner from your local home improvement stores its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar / water in a spray bottle - and insects cannot get underneath --- as far as bathing her really doesnt need to be bathed that often ---- as long as hes getting hydration from his greens and bugs he should be good his poop will tell you that w/ the white urate -

I'm so surprised he was still alive when I got to him I'm not sure how long he went without food for. I've literally just replaced the T8 bulb the other day so I'll give it a few months and look at getting a T5 bulb and fitting. I'll increase multivitamins and d3 slightly. I've always used playsand with beardies I've kept them (with help from mam) since I was 11 and never had any problems but I might look into your suggestion. Thankyou so much for your advice!! :)

Latest posts