• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zontar passed away

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
It is with a broken heart that I write that my ten year old bearded dragon Zontar passed away this morning. Since his respiratory illness in December, he has not been the same. It was the first and only time in the 10 years that I ever saw a vet for him. He was the epitome of health before that illness. Since December I have needed to force feed him slurpees, baby food and reptile bites paste in the hope that he would one day eat by himself.

Yesterday he up and dove right off his hide, falling on his back. I think he may have also hit his head. He became pale yellow, motionless and black bearded. I quickly flipped him around and gently massaged his chest. He came around. This morning he seemed to have issues evacuating and I placed him in warm water. Then we cuddled. He was a beautiful colour and he smiled at me and licked my cheek. I guess it was his way of saying thanks for everything.

Half an hour later, he was gone. He is now with his shih tzu buddy Mooshu.

Attachments

• E4996ED0-5D54-4859-AECF-28FF9E98E968.jpeg
    E4996ED0-5D54-4859-AECF-28FF9E98E968.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • CDA4C91A-FB5F-4EC5-949F-8E02D8A55853.jpeg
    CDA4C91A-FB5F-4EC5-949F-8E02D8A55853.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 28

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sorry to hear that it’s so cute that he cuddled with you. Bearded dragon are th only know reptile that can show affection they can’t show love. But they form bonds with there owner. It sound like you gave him an awsome life. RIP

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you one and all. He was a rescue. Came to me through my daughter who saved him from a very bad place. He was completely black and his skin was sagging when I got him. I nursed him back to health. He would pace back and forth in his viv trying to follow my every move. He would lift his head always looking for where I was in the room. As much of an aversion I have with reptiles, Zee stole my heart through and through ❤️❤️

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It is with a broken heart that I write that my ten year old bearded dragon Zontar passed away this morning. Since his respiratory illness in December, he has not been the same. It was the first and only time in the 10 years that I ever saw a vet for him. He was the epitome of health before that illness. Since December I have needed to force feed him slurpees, baby food and reptile bites paste in the hope that he would one day eat by himself.

Yesterday he up and dove right off his hide, falling on his back. I think he may have also hit his head. He became pale yellow, motionless and black bearded. I quickly flipped him around and gently massaged his chest. He came around. This morning he seemed to have issues evacuating and I placed him in warm water. Then we cuddled. He was a beautiful colour and he smiled at me and licked my cheek. I guess it was his way of saying thanks for everything.

Half an hour later, he was gone. He is now with his shih tzu buddy Mooshu.

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. :(