• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zilla t8 50 UVB

stark525

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I have a 4 month old beardie who seems to be doing okay, but the more I research the more I see that I should probably be changing the lighting. Right now, in my 40 gallon tank I have MyComfyPets UVB Light and UVA 2-in-1 Reptile Bulb 100W for Bearded Dragons and All Reptiles. It wasn't light enough, so I added a thrive 26-watt desert UVB bulb to the other side as well.

With this set up he eats well... very well, I think he might be overweight. (maybe like 30-40 medium crickets a day) and then the recommended greens. He also poops at least once a day... and it seems normal.

He's about 10.5 inches now (grew really fast).

At time's he seems a little slow... I don't know if it's due to him getting over shedding or if maybe the lights just aren't good. I want to prevent any issues from happening.

I read that the Reptisun 10.0 is the best, but unfortunately I couldn't find any locally. I did find the zilla slimline T8 50 UVB. I read mixed reviews on this and did a search on here and am still confused.

If I remove the plastic clear cover, would this light be okay? If so, could I still use the MyComfyPets light for the basking, or would that be too much UVB?

If it's not good... could I fit a reptisun in the zilla hood?

I am sorry for all the questions! I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

stark525

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the help. So I added the Reptisun. Does it look like it's positioned well? I switched out the MyComfyPets with a 100W bulb. I am concerned that the basking light might melt the reptisun hood?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 85

stark525

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks again! I was able to move the UVB light over some more... I originally had it more to the left but moved it over because I thought it would melt, so it wasn't difficult to rectify. I kept track of the temps and they were really only staying in the 90's around the basking area so I switched to a 150w bulb this morning... now the basking spot is sticking around 115 degrees... From what I read this is too high, should I just switch back to the 100w?