• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zaba refusing dubias

ROZE

Bearded Dragon Egg
My little beardy Zaba well not so little anymore he's almost 6 months old is refusing to eat dubias now. Only touching his greens once in a great while. I checked his lights his temperature is fine but this pickiness has got to go. I've tried not letting him have anything for a day or two then giving him something and he still won't eat. Going back to feeding him baby food that I did when he was little he will eat but he's not getting any of his bugs. He does love superworms as many of them do. Should I just feed these to him? Help I have a picky eater ( he decided to stretch his back this morning I thought this was cute)

Attachments

• 20210608_101617_HDR.jpg
    20210608_101617_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I had the same issue with my bearded dragon, feed the rest of the supers except like 10-20 and dont buy anymore for a week or two, if he wont eat roaches give him 1 super, so hes atleast not starving, trust me by day 3 he’ll be eating roaches. Super worms are delicious they taste like nothing but fat covered chocolate chips and that’s why he’s not eating roaches roaches also have spines on their legs and he may not like that, and thats why

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Kick the supers to the curb, he can go a full 4-5 days absolutely no food, but please please still give him water and veg, dont starve him more than 5 days.

ROZE

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's been starving for about 7 days. That's when I finally ran out of supers. I'm raising dubias and have an abundance of them. That is interesting about the spines on the legs because he doesn't like mustard greens because their curly. He spits them back out and shakes his head

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He's been starving for about 7 days. That's when I finally ran out of supers. I'm raising dubias and have an abundance of them. That is interesting about the spines on the legs because he doesn't like mustard greens because their curly. He spits them back out and shakes his head
Tough love, keep trying, thats all i can say,…. My girl was addicted to supers, it tool me a good month to have her eating roaches regularly.

Attachments

• 4CFEA5CE-1483-45CC-B8DE-EAAB3EA8602D.jpeg
    4CFEA5CE-1483-45CC-B8DE-EAAB3EA8602D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 05D48260-8022-4451-9BB0-651480D0356B.jpeg
    05D48260-8022-4451-9BB0-651480D0356B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • B962662E-9683-4F35-AD55-8C6EF26875CB.jpeg
    B962662E-9683-4F35-AD55-8C6EF26875CB.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 3B26CBC7-C6A3-480E-9CD5-414BA0AB068B.jpeg
    3B26CBC7-C6A3-480E-9CD5-414BA0AB068B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

ROZE

Bearded Dragon Egg
Kick the supers to the curb, he can go a full 4-5 days absolutely no food, but please please still give him water and veg, dont starve him more than 5 days.
I have been giving him water and baby food like I did when he was little, to compensate. But not enough to spoil him on it, I hope. I'd like for him to be able to finally just eat on his own which he started doing

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I have been giving him water and baby food like I did when he was little, to compensate. But not enough to spoil him on it, I hope. I'd like for him to be able to finally just eat on his own which he started doing
I forgot to mention, the baby food is probably the main contributing factor to it, you gotta lil baby man there, why would he want a nasty bug when he can eat sweet mush, btw may i ask what kind ur giving? A high protein babyfood is recommended, get a anti-escape food dish and put the roaches in that and just wait till he eats them, maybe put a lil dollop of baby food on the roaches.

ROZE

Bearded Dragon Egg
I forgot to mention, the baby food is probably the main contributing factor to it, you gotta lil baby man there, why would he want a nasty bug when he can eat sweet mush, btw may i ask what kind ur giving? A high protein babyfood is recommended, get a anti-escape food dish and put the roaches in that and just wait till he eats them, maybe put a lil dollop of baby food on the roaches.
I have the roaches in that type of food dish and he knows where they are. Organic Beech-Nut. Though they discontinued it in many stores but I've only been giving that lately once a week just so he gets something in his system.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Id stop feeding that, nuts arnt good for bearded dragons , id feed squash, yam, or a high protein chicken baby food, although he can get some nutrition from it , if thats all he’s getting it needs to be something he can gain proper nutrition from, how are u keeping ur roaches? And what are u feeding them?

ROZE

Bearded Dragon Egg
Id stop feeding that, nuts arnt good for bearded dragons , id feed squash, yam, or a high protein chicken baby food, although he can get some nutrition from it , if thats all he’s getting it needs to be something he can gain proper nutrition from, how are u keeping ur roaches? And what are u feeding them?
Beech-Nut is a name brand of baby food. I have been feeding him squash yams pumpkin carrot... And he gets his turnip and collard greens. I am feeding my roaches that I'm raising the same greens that I give to him. Usually a mixture of superfoods without spinach. I am housing them in the large plastic containers with a heat mat on each, with egg crates. I've done my research... Believe me I've done my research LOL. I guess my main question was can he have superworms as a normal diet if he absolutely refuses to eat these roaches, possibly due to the spiny legs