• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Young beardie won’t eat

Shanshansmash

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a young beardie that won’t eat unless I feed him via syringe or put worms in his mouth. He’s in a 40G with a uvb light and a heat light. I can get him to eat 2-3 worms in a sitting. Any suggestions are welcome
e3822a1863e85159fb91c66035a9ebb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasperMoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
He’ll start eating better as time goes on, babies are typically difficult to get going with the feedings. You’re doing the right thing just keep offering. I’ve been told you can sprinkle bee pollen on the greens to try to stimulate his appetite for them but don’t be surprised if it takes a month or so for him to eat greens, that’s very typical. Be sure to dust his bugs with a multivitamin 3 times per week & dust with calcium every other day. What are the ambient air temps on the warm & cool sides of his tank & what is the basking spot temp at?

Halgerl

Hatchling Dragon
My baby can be picky as well, but he’ll always eat kale and crickets. Try giving him a variety of foods to see what he likes. Every beardie is different. Babies in general are very picky eaters