• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

You'll either know what I'm talking about or it's gonna confuse you.

Tanner

Bearded Dragon Egg
Has anyone experienced there beardy laying flat and moving weird? Like a robot moving... It's kinda hard to explain. She also seems like she is slapping her tail around too.
But she does this sometimes when I'm misting her outside. I feel like she is just getting pissed off and cold.
Also she hates baths I think... She seems like she is scratching her back with her back leg, and tail whips around.
She's deffinetely got a personality.
Shes weird with water.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Has anyone experienced there beardy laying flat and moving weird? Like a robot moving... It's kinda hard to explain. She also seems like she is slapping her tail around too.
But she does this sometimes when I'm misting her outside. I feel like she is just getting pissed off and cold.
Also she hates baths I think... She seems like she is scratching her back with her back leg, and tail whips around.
She's deffinetely got a personality.
Shes weird with water.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sounds like normal beardie behavior to be honest. They will scratch themselves like that mostly when they are in water in order to either get a shed off or they have an itch, whipping their tail around can also be a way to loosen a shed or just being feisty..
Mine will do these behaviors mostly when in their bath it's like they are enjoying themselves and playing, or to loosen shed.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You really shouldn’t mist her, they don’t absorb water through their skin and misting them can just cause bacterial or respiratory infections.