• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

you might be a herper if

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I figured this could be a fun thread.
ill start

If you are on the phone with someone and they tell you they are holding one of their balls and you dont think they are being a perv

if you purposefully have thousands of roaches living and breeding in your home

if you have ever prayed that a reptile would just go ahead and poop for you

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ROFLMAO

you might be a herper if..........................

you buy rodents, rodent food, bugs and vegetables and forget toilet paper.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You might be a herper if you pass a furniture shop see a cabinet for 1k and immediately think "hmm that would make a nice enclosure"

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You might be a herper if you walk your non furry pets.

You might be a herper if when you go shopping for clothes, you try to fit your reptile out in the newest fashions.

You might be a herper, if you take great pride in your "Don't Tread On Me" tee shirt from the 70's.

Janie ;)

Erskinelake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You might be a herper if you worry about getting fresh vegetables and making salads for your lizard so it grows up big and strong..while you wouldn't think of making a salad for yourself.

You might be a herper if..you think bugs are gross and scream for your husband when you see a spider but are considering ordering 100's of roaches to feed your lizard.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
...your pet's dinner requuires care and feediing until it is served.

...you own lots of plastic storage boxes, but can't use them because they all have holes cut in them for hide boxes!

...your baby had dry skin and you got misty-eyed at his first shed.

...every kid in the neighborood has brought you a snake, frog, turtle, etc., to be identified.

... you drive a hour to a zoo just to visit the reps and buy a rep shirt to wear tomorrow.

... you go through the store checkout with 18 different fruits and veggies (none of which you plan to eat)?

Keep em coming :D

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You might be a herper IF

You buy the top of the line digital camera to take better reptile pics

and if you have more reptile pics stored on your memory card, disks and hard drive than pics of anything else.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
You might be a herper IF

You buy the top of the line digital camera to take better reptile pics

and if you have more reptile pics stored on your memory card, disks and hard drive than pics of anything else.
Guilty, Cannon Rebel XSi

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You might be a herper IF

You come to this site to help everyone else and write these things!!!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
todays bump
... you've said "Are aquariums all right?" to a prospective landlord and own no fish.

... you have a sign that says "Beware of Lizard" or "Beware of Snake" anywhere on your front door.

... your wrists are so criss-crossed with scratches that people think you're just really bad at trying to kill yourself

... you tell people on the phone "can't talk now, I've got a lizard on my head."

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lets get some more additions to this come on.

...you call a 6 ft long iguana a cute lil fella.

...you are on the ATF's watchlist for drug trafficing due to your constantly above average electric bills

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
...you refer to a pregnant woman as "gravid."

...hetero doesn't mean heterosexual to you.

...you have been thrown out of at least 3 pet shops this year.

...subscribe to the local newspaper purely for it's use as substrate.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
tom just tell em its for theraputic uses only.

the dragons are theraputic
geez people lol

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
...you're late leaving work, you have to be out again by seven, your spouse is calling you every 10 minutes to ask how long you'll be and you've only just made it to the supermarket/grocery store. You rush past all the great offers, ignore cute babies and blank friends, saying you have to dash because the world will end if you don't get home in the next 15 minutes. But......when you get to the store where you buy your lizard her bugs, you somehow seem to have a whole hour spare to spend cooing over the cute hatchlings and chatting to the owner about the cool things your lizard has done in the last week.

...your friends never ask "your place or mine?" - they know that they have to come to you because you have to feed your lizards.

..your perfect date invelves you, your BD and a bag of crickets.

...someone tells you their balls have mites - and you know what they mean!

...you spend your last three dollars on greens when you needed milk

...you were the only person in the theatre going, "awwww....." when the baby godzillas were hatching (in the American movie).

...your mother-in-law gets you fuzzy lizard slippers for Christmas and exclaims "The are the ugliest things I ever saw, I just knew you'd love them!"

...you have to chase your pet's dinner all over the house because it does not except its place in the food chain (a roach got out).

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
come on i know there are more creative people on here than this geez.
yall just dont like my post ??? lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
see what happens when I take a day off the net ? Chill Brian... We like it... We LOVE IT ! lol
....when you fill the butter drawer with treatments for worms... ;)
J