• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yoshi 2.0- New leatherback beardie-Heat Issues-Please Help!

yoshi78

Bearded Dragon Egg
We brought Yoshi home on Saturday.The pet shop said he’s 4-5 months old. So far he’s eating his crickets and greens and pooping daily. We bought the National Geographic 40 gallon tank, it included the 2 lamps and bulbs. The basking lamp is halogen 100w. I also purchased the T8 10.0 Reptisun UVA/UVB and installed inside the tank.

My issue is the warmest it gets at his basking spot is 94 degrees (he doesn’t leave this spot hardly) that’s just inches from the bulb. I went and purchased the Ecoterra 100w basking bulb with no temperature change. Should I buy a new lamp? Maybe 150 watt? Or should I get an additional small 5.5 inch lamp (50w) to supplement?

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks!

yoshi78

Bearded Dragon Egg
2798AC40-37E5-4E88-8285-289436D71BC3.jpeg
1981020B-3EBE-4BB9-8CC4-0697E6E3EF79.jpeg
D4E95EEF-804A-43C5-A0BF-2332577DB7A8.jpeg

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
you have to be careful with going up in wattage as most light fixtures are only rated for 100w to 120w anything higher and you risk blowing the light fixture ( I speak from personal experience) then you have to buy a new fixture and a new bulb, so supplementing with an extra smaller light fixture and bulb is a good idea, this is what I do as well.