• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yesterday’s rescued butterfly.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Yesterday I took my pool cover off and noticed a butterfly in the water, at first I thought he was dead but then I noticed him twitch slightly. I’m surprised he survived the chlorine! I put him on the nearest thing I could find and let him dry out in the shade, I kept checking on him, he really perked up and was trying to stand. I got him a jar with some sticks, leaves and some homemade honey water and left him overnight. I assumed he would be gone by the morning.

I came down this morning and he was perched on the edge of the jar, it seems he can’t fly, I’ve been watching him over the day and he goes in and out the jar but doesn’t venture and further than that, I think I have a new pet for a few days lol. He’s actually very friendly and will hop on my hand for a bit then back to the jar. Maybe he’s saying thank you. I tried to find out what he is (I thought he was a moth at first) think he is a common meadow brown, very cute.
6FDDDA7F-D3AD-4A2C-A927-7F68126D2B92.pngE9493A38-B838-4D7C-A46A-1B4D9668F273.pngD52F3DDD-AE38-4076-85E0-B6674B5C8256.png98398F56-19A5-414E-BCA5-69D4EBB7A54C.jpegF296D4B8-6359-4401-9860-53FE1109E167.jpeg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Awe, shes cool, she probably has mated and laid eggs and is at the end of her lifespan, dont feel bad, its nice you gave it a drink :)

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Awe, shes cool, she probably has mated and laid eggs and is at the end of her lifespan, dont feel bad, its nice you gave it a drink :)
So how’d you know she was a she?? I been doing more research and it turns out he is a she!! And she is still here, I ordered a small tent for her today :rolleyes: I also should give her a name so any suggestions anyone? Was thinking just ‘meadow’ it’s a bit simple lol.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So how’d you know she was a she?? I been doing more research and it turns out he is a she!! And she is still here, I ordered a small tent for her today :rolleyes: I also should give her a name so any suggestions anyone? Was thinking just ‘meadow’ it’s a bit simple lol.
Im a bit of a bug enthusiast :) ive been picking up black widows since i was 4 (with a stick of course lol). Her abdomen is quite rotund and short, males usually have thin abdomens and weird things coming out of their rear ends called “claspers” (used to help in mate while flying) idk 100% if thats a female but it does look like it, i think meadow is a very fitting name.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Im a bit of a bug enthusiast :) ive been picking up black widows since i was 4 (with a stick of course lol). Her abdomen is quite rotund and short, males usually have thin abdomens and weird things coming out of their rear ends called “claspers” (used to help in mate while flying) idk 100% if thats a female but it does look like it, i think meadow is a very fitting name.
It’s really cool that you knew that!! Black widows :eek::eek::eek:
I look it up and the males have no orange, they are mostly brown. Here is a pic of her today…
4B622A79-8080-4AFF-A901-B047280E5214.png
think you are right, meadow it is, she’s cute and really friendly! I wonder how long she’s gona be here, I might put her in a frame.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That'd be really cool , my sister has a frame with some butterflies and bird feathers in it :) i think that would be a very cool thing, she’s definitely pretty enough.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
That'd be really cool , my sister has a frame with some butterflies and bird feathers in it :) i think that would be a very cool thing, she’s definitely pretty enough.
I wanted to collect them all in frames but it’s so expensive and you don’t know how that butterfly was raised so I didn’t want to be paying someone to kill them. However meadow will be a great start to my collection and its naturally.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
So meadow is still with me, she has really perked up (still can’t fly) I got her a small tent with some sticks, her honey water in a jar lid and I put some potted meadow grasses in there…… I checked on her today and she has laid lots of eggs!! I’m amazed tbh, I am surprised she even made it but to be laying eggs is just so cool.

I also found a large white butterfly in my greenhouse which I helped back out but now I’ve found lots of eggs on my kale!! I really don’t know what’s going on but I’m going to end up with a butterfly house lol. I have collected the eggs and put them in another tent with a potted kale to see what happens!!