• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

TenThousand10K

Bearded Dragon Egg
I first noticed the discoloration on her tail and vent. ( I thought it was a poo stain) It appears to have gotten darker and now her belly, sides and neck are all discolored. When zoomed in on the close up of her tail, the scales not only are colored different but also look weird to me. ( could be I’m just over paranoid) Husbandry is on point, clean tank, healthy diet and she is the only reptile. Shed a few weeks ago and it’s possible she isn’t done I guess. Eating well, and acting normal but I just can’t recall her looking this way during a previous shed. She is almost 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this girl means so much to me!

Attachments

• 79CEE0CC-D1A1-4EB2-BD4D-F22BE7F7CD33.png
    79CEE0CC-D1A1-4EB2-BD4D-F22BE7F7CD33.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 12
  • DDFED93F-126B-4037-8A5B-8F63EFEE6F78.png
    DDFED93F-126B-4037-8A5B-8F63EFEE6F78.png
    10.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 66132E7D-6863-42F2-A322-6A0A3461A2E9.png
    66132E7D-6863-42F2-A322-6A0A3461A2E9.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 11

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I first noticed the discoloration on her tail and vent. ( I thought it was a poo stain) It appears to have gotten darker and now her belly, sides and neck are all discolored. When zoomed in on the close up of her tail, the scales not only are colored different but also look weird to me. ( could be I’m just over paranoid) Husbandry is on point, clean tank, healthy diet and she is the only reptile. Shed a few weeks ago and it’s possible she isn’t done I guess. Eating well, and acting normal but I just can’t recall her looking this way during a previous shed. She is almost 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this girl means so much to me!
Hmmm not an expert, sorry. Where's she seems to be done shedding and the fact that it's spreading makes me think it could be yellow fungus. Definitely watch it for the next few days. I don't want to alarm you if it's just a weird shed. Experts may know at a glance and I'm hoping they'll have better answers for you.

Looking up the disease it looks a lot like the pictures shown for yf. It says that it could take weeks to fully develop and you don't want to wait that long. The faster you get it taken care of the better off she'll be as it can affect her organs. Looks like it may typically show up after a shed and it says that perfectly "clean" beardies can still get it. Other signs of yf are a decrease in appetite and restlessness as it progresses, along with crusty looking sores developing at the discoloration. If it were me, I'd take her to a vet just to be sure. It can be deadly.

Found this site that may help you determine: https://reptile.guide/yellow-fungus-bearded-dragons/

It also gives temporary remedies that you can do until you can get to a vet. Sorry I can't give you a definitive on what it is. Hope it's just a odd shed and she cruises on through.

TenThousand10K

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hmmm not an expert, sorry. Where's she seems to be done shedding and the fact that it's spreading makes me think it could be yellow fungus. Definitely watch it for the next few days. I don't want to alarm you if it's just a weird shed. Experts may know at a glance and I'm hoping they'll have better answers for you.

Looking up the disease it looks a lot like the pictures shown for yf. It says that it could take weeks to fully develop and you don't want to wait that long. The faster you get it taken care of the better off she'll be as it can affect her organs. Looks like it may typically show up after a shed and it says that perfectly "clean" beardies can still get it. Other signs of yf are a decrease in appetite and restlessness as it progresses, along with crusty looking sores developing at the discoloration. If it were me, I'd take her to a vet just to be sure. It can be deadly.

Found this site that may help you determine: https://reptile.guide/yellow-fungus-bearded-dragons/

It also gives temporary remedies that you can do until you can get to a vet. Sorry I can't give you a definitive on what it is. Hope it's just a odd shed and she cruises on through.
Thank you for your help and well wishes! I really appreciate it

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That kinda looks like a type of yellow fungus. It could be a weird shed, like @Barb.Littlefield said, but it does look close to a type of yellow fungus. I looked it up and it does look close to yellow fungus. I've never dealt with it, so do some extra research to make sure.

TenThousand10K

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you! I’m doing tons of research on yellow fungus, and finding there is no real cure, only the ability to prolong it with extensive tests and treatments . I’m hoping it’s just a weird shed but trying to get a plan together if it is yellow fungus. I appreciate your insight, thank you for responding!

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you! I’m doing tons of research on yellow fungus, and finding there is no real cure, only the ability to prolong it with extensive tests and treatments . I’m hoping it’s just a weird shed but trying to get a plan together if it is yellow fungus. I appreciate your insight, thank you for responding!
You're welcome! I hope it is just a weird shed!