• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yellow fungus or natural color

Nicholas Meuser

Bearded Dragon Egg
please help! I’m a first time owner and noticed that my beardy has yellow spots on his beard. I googled it and got conflicting results. Some told me it was yellow fungus others naturally occurring color. Can someone please help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83

Itio

Bearded Dragon Egg
Does that color occur anywhere else on their body? It looks very uniform which makes me believe it's a natural color.
How old is your beardie? They gain color as they age, including paradoxes, which are colors that are not part of the normal pattern.
Yellow fungus in my experience is accompanied by other things, such as rough, scaly areas and bad sheds. Yellow fungus is also not always a vivid yellow.

Anyone else have some input?

Nicholas Meuser

Bearded Dragon Egg
It doesn’t appear anywhere else and it is a fairly young dragon so I believe it is just color. There is no other signs of sickness so I think we’re good. Thanks!

Smawg

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Looks natural to me , mine started showing color under her neck & I was on forums asking the same thing & mine is fine :) Does not mean the same for you, but yours does look normal too :)

JeanBD

Hatchling Dragon
my beardie is exactly like that but a little darker since he have more thorns. its totally natural. some beardies even have natural red bits in his/her beard.