• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yellow crust on bearded dragon

Zirkcees08

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I’ve had my bearded dragon for around 2-3 weeks and he is around 3-4 months old and just today I noticed this yellow crust just above his mouth so im thinking that is could potentially be yellow fungus. The enclosure is 4ft long and the basking temps during the day are 39C and the night 30C he has a huge appetite and does bask there is also a 3ft uvb bulb as well he eats crickets and veggies (mainly kale) so if any one knows what it is please tell me I will attach images. Also I don’t know if this is related but I few days ago when I was holding him I noticed this little bump next to his chin and I saw that it was peeling off a bit so I just kind of touched it and it fell of revealing these kind of discoloured scales but it might just be a bit of shed i will attach pictures of this one as well
Thanks
7CCDEC07-82EA-4EC4-93EE-0D122F4917A1.jpeg
C1D32147-880C-4045-80F3-D4F4109E01B4.jpeg
DC9E7279-09E5-455B-AA98-08814328C7DF.jpeg
9057FD1F-5B4B-41DE-B4F4-CBBA297DE53A.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I’ve had my bearded dragon for around 2-3 weeks and he is around 3-4 months old and just today I noticed this yellow crust just above his mouth so im thinking that is could potentially be yellow fungus. The enclosure is 4ft long and the basking temps during the day are 39C and the night 30C he has a huge appetite and does bask there is also a 3ft uvb bulb as well he eats crickets and veggies (mainly kale) so if any one knows what it is please tell me I will attach images. Also I don’t know if this is related but I few days ago when I was holding him I noticed this little bump next to his chin and I saw that it was peeling off a bit so I just kind of touched it and it fell of revealing these kind of discoloured scales but it might just be a bit of shed i will attach pictures of this one as well
Thanks
View attachment 32828View attachment 32827View attachment 32831View attachment 32832
Looks like dried scales keep an eye on them and see if they shed off - can you post a pic of his tummy- I am trying to figure out if those are stress marks or coloring hes got going there --- does your UVB fixture have a reflector or are you just using the bulb itself and what bulb is it? Do you have it in the tank? Surface basking temps should be 105-110 F and the 30C at night is too warm -- you want ambient temps of 65F - 75F -- dragons like cool and dark - the only time you want them warm like that is when they are sick - you have the 30C set for daytime cool side of tank during the day and then you dont want it over 30C closer to 80F during the day --

Zirkcees08

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks i changed the basking tempts to 42C in the daytime and 25C in the night time (the heat will spread around the tank) and my uvb holster does have a mirror in it and my uvb is the Exo terra 30 watt 90cm (36”) reptile uvb 150 dessert terrarium bulb I’ll post a picture of it. Also the yellow gunk stuff looks like it has gotten smaller by that could just be me and one more thing there is a little bit of yellow ness around his eyes but I think that it is just him getting his colours Because there is also some Yellow ness on his beard
Thanks
427764AD-F085-4640-BE78-42099ECF9936.jpeg
71B3D423-5524-40B1-B265-0EF80575D3DD.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks i changed the basking tempts to 42C in the daytime and 25C in the night time (the heat will spread around the tank) and my uvb holster does have a mirror in it and my uvb is the Exo terra 30 watt 90cm (36”) reptile uvb 150 dessert terrarium bulb I’ll post a picture of it. Also the yellow gunk stuff looks like it has gotten smaller by that could just be me and one more thing there is a little bit of yellow ness around his eyes but I think that it is just him getting his colours Because there is also some Yellow ness on his beard
ThanksView attachment 32839View attachment 32840
Those are stress marks - please get your uvb bulb changed to either a reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a Arcadia 12% bulb - those bulbs are way better quality+ where is the uvb? In the tank? What kind of substrate are you using?

Zirkcees08

Bearded Dragon Egg
The uvb is at the back of the tank and I am using coconut fiber for the substrate also the stress marks come and go a lot

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The uvb is at the back of the tank and I am using coconut fiber for the substrate also the stress marks come and go a lot
Please get rid of the coconut fiber --- it is NOT a good substrate -- it will cause RI because of the dust --- is he able to get directly under the UVB? I would get the UVB bulb changed out as soon as you can --- the two I posted are the best on the market at this time -- his stress marks could be caused by the UVB bulb -- the coconut fiber and relocation as well -- but you need the UVB and surface basking temps correct in the tank so he can acclimate to his tank and surroundings faster and better ---