• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worms as a staple?

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Are there any worms that can be fed as a staple? I currently use crickets as a staple and I also feed phoenix worms every now and then but I would like to go to exclusively feeding worms (much easier than crickets).

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I use super worms and hornworms as my staples. Just realize that hornworms are very juicy so they can cause loose urates and watery, but formed poop if that's all your beardie is eating. Also, on the other spectrum...superworms can back your beardie up for a day or two, nothing to be worried about though.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I get my hornworms from Great Lakes Horn worms. I also bought superworms from them but I think the lowest amount I could buy was 500 and they lasted me forever. My beardie who would easily eat 10 or more per feeding if I let her, decided she only wanted 3 per feeding or non at all after I bought so many :mad: Now I just buy supers as needed from the pet store.