• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Woodlice

Russell Christopher

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys
I was looking for some safe insects which I could leave in my bearded dragons Vivarium throughout the day while I’m at work and have got some ‘giant orange woodlice’ off Swell Reptiles. I’ve done this because I’ve found it hard to sometimes find and remove the crickets at the end of the day before bed as they sometimes hide in unseen places and then in the morning I’ve spotted the odd one I’ve missed still in the viv. If I ended up leaving the odd woodlice or two in over night would that matter? I’ve found no evidence online that they can bite a bearded dragon unlike crickets.

Russell Christopher

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for your response. I was going to feed my Beardie dubias as an alternative but my Beardie is only just over 3 months old and most information I have found has said to wait until after they are at least 6 months old before trying them with dubias as woodlice are much smaller?

Russell Christopher

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the advice. I think I will try him with some dubias then of the smallest variety. I was just worried they would be too big for him as I’ve mainly been giving him a diet of hoppers, crickets, calci worms and orange woodlice.