• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why is our dragon suddenly so active?

Beardedlady79

Bearded Dragon Egg
For the last week, our beardie has been extremely active. He's running around his tank, scratching at the walls and even jumping up toward the metal screen at the top, almost like he's trying to get out. Other than that, he seems healthy.

We let him out to run around daily and usually find him scratching at our sliding glass door.

I think he's almost a year old. He's in a 40-gallon terrarium. The cool side of the tank is at 75 degrees and the hot spot, depending on which part of his log he's basking on, ranges from 90 to 110. He bathes and poops weekly. He eats his crickets like crazy and has been neglecting his salad.

Any ideas and suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how old his he? he sounds healthy!! this is a good thing! enjoy it ---

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yea sounds good, is there anything in particular that he's avoiding in his tank?

Beardedlady79

Bearded Dragon Egg
I appreciate your responses! I'm not exactly sure how old he is. I think he will be a year old next month.

I haven't noticed him avoiding anything in the cage. He's kind of all over the place.

This behavior typically lasts most of the morning and then he's usually relaxed the rest of the day - probably because he's worn himself out. ☺

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well maybe he is a morning dragon :) maybe you need to make a room safe from dangers for him to run around for awhile?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My boy used to do the same thing every single day. I never did figure out what it was. I thought it was because he wanted out but I would let him out for hours and when I put him back in he would run around the tank again. He finally stopped doing a few months ago....he just turned 2.