• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

why is my beardie not pooping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
on other forums that i have partaken in, i've noticed that one of the most popular questions is beardies going to the bathroom. and i can undetstand the concern. when my hubby and i first got bernard, we did a bit of reading on taking care of beardies (i know totally backwards, but we are quick learners). everything we read related to if you don't do this, your beardie could get impacted and DIE!

it was a nightmare. don't get me wrong, it is very important and here are a few tips for newbies to beardie parenting:

- make sure your temps are right. use a digital probe thermometer for the most affordable results.
- make sure you have a hot and cool side with a florescent bulb running the course of the viv. we highly recommned the repti sun 10.0.
- make sure the food you are giving is no larger than the space between his/her eyes.
- make sure you give a warm bath 1-5 times per week. it depends on the age of your beardie. definitely needed more than once per week if under 1 year of age.

these are just a couple of quick hits. you can read our article at our home site:

http://www.mybeardie.com/why_am_i_not_pooping.php

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks, Renee! As a beardie owner, I can relate to these concerns. This advice is very helpful.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Do they slow down in how many times they go as they get older? I assume it is related to how often they eat and I know that slows down as they age. Just curious on personal experience from anyone though...
???

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes, it is farely common for a beardy to poop less as they age. one reason is that they are not eating ad much. think about it. they go from eating 50 crickets a day to 15-25 every other day...

mine poops once a week. on a rare occassion, he'll go a couple of times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.