• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why is he sleeping like this

Moogs

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG_20200730_230001481.jpg
hes been like this for about an hour and a half unmoving. Is it because it's too hot in the tank? He's on the "cool side" but my stick on thermometer on the warm side is reading about 30 celcius. I'd turn off the infrared lamp overnight but I'm worried it'll get too cold on the side he's sleeping on :/

Barb.Littlefield

Juvenile Dragon
My bearded dragon did that a lot as a hatchling. They usually grow out of it though. I'd recommend getting a hammock to put in the cage for him to sleep on too.
I found my baby sleeping like that one evening after his lights went out. Stayed there for a few hours before I slowly lowered him to a prone position before I went to bed. It was the weirdest thing. He was like a limp noddle when I lowered him and barely opened his eyes and shifted his position once I had him down. Like a kid who's played hard and just crashed into sleep in whatever position they are in. lolol

BeardedDragonDude

Juvenile Dragon
I found my baby sleeping like that one evening after his lights went out. Stayed there for a few hours before I slowly lowered him to a prone position before I went to bed. It was the weirdest thing. He was like a limp noddle when I lowered him and barely opened his eyes and shifted his position once I had him down. Like a kid who's played hard and just crashed into sleep in whatever position they are in. lolol
It seems they fall asleep anywhere!

Bostonfinest

Hatchling Dragon
they sleep in the weirdest positions, my boy is 11 months and sleep like that sometime. You can purchase a Hammock. A lot of beardies love them. I have one on the basking area and one on the cool side, but he don’t use them.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
they sleep in the weirdest positions, my boy is 11 months and sleep like that sometime. You can purchase a Hammock. A lot of beardies love them. I have one on the basking area and one on the cool side, but he don’t use them.
I’m going to order mine a hammock soon. He sleeps in a little tree I bought him when I first got him. He looks so uncomfortable. I put a Kleenex box with tissues in it and he never sleeps anywhere else but his tree so it must be comfortable!

Bostonfinest

Hatchling Dragon
I’m going to order mine a hammock soon. He sleeps in a little tree I bought him when I first got him. He looks so uncomfortable. I put a Kleenex box with tissues in it and he never sleeps anywhere else but his tree so it must be comfortable!
My boy sleep on top of his hide, under the paper towel that I use for substrate or half of him body will be sleep on his climbing branch and his lower body be off of it

Attachments

Moogs

Bearded Dragon Egg
He stayed like this until I turned his light back on in the morning

Latest posts