• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why is he sleeping like this

Moogs

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG_20200730_230001481.jpg
hes been like this for about an hour and a half unmoving. Is it because it's too hot in the tank? He's on the "cool side" but my stick on thermometer on the warm side is reading about 30 celcius. I'd turn off the infrared lamp overnight but I'm worried it'll get too cold on the side he's sleeping on :/

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My bearded dragon did that a lot as a hatchling. They usually grow out of it though. I'd recommend getting a hammock to put in the cage for him to sleep on too.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My bearded dragon did that a lot as a hatchling. They usually grow out of it though. I'd recommend getting a hammock to put in the cage for him to sleep on too.
I found my baby sleeping like that one evening after his lights went out. Stayed there for a few hours before I slowly lowered him to a prone position before I went to bed. It was the weirdest thing. He was like a limp noddle when I lowered him and barely opened his eyes and shifted his position once I had him down. Like a kid who's played hard and just crashed into sleep in whatever position they are in. lolol

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I found my baby sleeping like that one evening after his lights went out. Stayed there for a few hours before I slowly lowered him to a prone position before I went to bed. It was the weirdest thing. He was like a limp noddle when I lowered him and barely opened his eyes and shifted his position once I had him down. Like a kid who's played hard and just crashed into sleep in whatever position they are in. lolol
It seems they fall asleep anywhere!

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
they sleep in the weirdest positions, my boy is 11 months and sleep like that sometime. You can purchase a Hammock. A lot of beardies love them. I have one on the basking area and one on the cool side, but he don’t use them.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
they sleep in the weirdest positions, my boy is 11 months and sleep like that sometime. You can purchase a Hammock. A lot of beardies love them. I have one on the basking area and one on the cool side, but he don’t use them.
I’m going to order mine a hammock soon. He sleeps in a little tree I bought him when I first got him. He looks so uncomfortable. I put a Kleenex box with tissues in it and he never sleeps anywhere else but his tree so it must be comfortable!

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
I’m going to order mine a hammock soon. He sleeps in a little tree I bought him when I first got him. He looks so uncomfortable. I put a Kleenex box with tissues in it and he never sleeps anywhere else but his tree so it must be comfortable!
My boy sleep on top of his hide, under the paper towel that I use for substrate or half of him body will be sleep on his climbing branch and his lower body be off of it

Attachments

• 336F08B2-B3ED-48CB-95F7-EE7C4248A0ED.jpeg
    336F08B2-B3ED-48CB-95F7-EE7C4248A0ED.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40

Moogs

Bearded Dragon Egg
He stayed like this until I turned his light back on in the morning

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 22924hes been like this for about an hour and a half unmoving. Is it because it's too hot in the tank? He's on the "cool side" but my stick on thermometer on the warm side is reading about 30 celcius. I'd turn off the infrared lamp overnight but I'm worried it'll get too cold on the side he's sleeping on :/
Please get rid of the infrared lamp -- dragons like it dark and cool - not below 65 - you need a digital probe thermometer to get proper temps especially for basking temps -- the temps in that tank should be 80's during the day not below 65 at nite 90's warm side and 105-110 for basking temps - UVB should be a 24" tube fixture for a 40+ gallon tank w/a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb --- lighting in that tank is crucial --- it will control the overall health of the dragon

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It’s a beardie thing my is 8 months and he’ll still be doing Some form of that. Now he usually plasters his beard against the glass.

Attachments

• 1BE20112-5B28-463B-BB26-FDB7C40DE2EB.jpeg
    1BE20112-5B28-463B-BB26-FDB7C40DE2EB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • F2CEFEBD-4C31-45D6-881F-B89FF94AEA9A.jpeg
    F2CEFEBD-4C31-45D6-881F-B89FF94AEA9A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
View attachment 22924hes been like this for about an hour and a half unmoving. Is it because it's too hot in the tank? He's on the "cool side" but my stick on thermometer on the warm side is reading about 30 celcius. I'd turn off the infrared lamp overnight but I'm worried it'll get too cold on the side he's sleeping on :/
OH NO; Remove the Redlight lamp ASAP. Colored bulbs burn their eyes. NO colored bulbs ever and pure dark at nite, when they sleep like a human. The heatlamp should be the ZOOMED clear basking bulb 100watt if its a 40-60 gallon tank & beardie should be 8-12inches from it alongside the Reptisun UVB 10.0 T5 to cover 70 percent of the tank placed in the back. He will die and have no energy and bones destroyed with no UVB and protein or verigies suted in calcium or sprinkeled once per day 5times a week and get Metalic Bone disease. At nite the Temp in his cage can drop to 70; thats perfect they need to get cool at nite after burning all day. At night in the winter if the temp falls below 70; u buy a CERAMIC HEAT EMITTER at the local pet store. It emitts heat but no Light. Also, you need a dgitial ZOOMED theemometer ($10) get one asap and the HOT side should be on the way right or way left and temp should be about 100-102 for an adult & for 3months or under it should be 105. Humiditiy 30-40 percent. buy the thrive digital round hygometer ($10). Tank should be minimum 40Gallon until he reaches 10- 12months or so then u need to get a 120 Gallon otherwise they will have stunted growth and be depresed & suffer with barely any room. ZENHABITATS has a 120 gallon for only $329 and the best flooring substrate.

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
OH NO; Remove the Redlight lamp ASAP. Colored bulbs burn their eyes. NO colored bulbs ever and pure dark at nite, when they sleep like a human. The heatlamp should be the ZOOMED clear basking bulb 100watt if its a 40-60 gallon tank & beardie should be 8-12inches from it alongside the Reptisun UVB 10.0 T5 to cover 70 percent of the tank placed in the back. He will die and have no energy and bones destroyed with no UVB and protein or verigies suted in calcium or sprinkeled once per day 5times a week and get Metalic Bone disease. At nite the Temp in his cage can drop to 70; thats perfect they need to get cool at nite after burning all day. At night in the winter if the temp falls below 70; u buy a CERAMIC HEAT EMITTER at the local pet store. It emitts heat but no Light. Also, you need a dgitial ZOOMED theemometer ($10) get one asap and the HOT side should be on the way right or way left and temp should be about 100-102 for an adult & for 3months or under it should be 105. Humiditiy 30-40 percent. buy the thrive digital round hygometer ($10). Tank should be minimum 40Gallon until he reaches 10- 12months or so then u need to get a 120 Gallon otherwise they will have stunted growth and be depresed & suffer with barely any room. ZENHABITATS has a 120 gallon for only $329 and the best flooring substrate.
I agree with most of this as well, however, I feel I must add, tile is possibly the best flooring. It's easy clean-up, and it's super easy to acquire. But don't get laminate flooring. Laminate flooring emits toxic fumes which can hurt your bearded dragon.