• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

While body changing color

chesterthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone! I had a question and do not know if i should be worried. I noticed that my beardies whole body was darkening in color so i thought the temps were not right so i had everything checked and everything is perfect. He is not lethargic and is eating completely normal as well as pooping regularly so i do not know what is going on. I started to worry so I had him out and noticed he goes back to his beautiful colors when i take him out of his enclosure… i called the reptile store near me and they said this is because he does not want to be in his enclosure which i do not know haha and when he is out he runs around and is completely normal. His beard is not black at all he just has darkened in color and I just want to make sure my baby is okay. I saw it could be from shedding which he just had his head shed so maybe that is it?????? please let me know what you guys think!

Thanks a ton!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone! I had a question and do not know if i should be worried. I noticed that my beardies whole body was darkening in color so i thought the temps were not right so i had everything checked and everything is perfect. He is not lethargic and is eating completely normal as well as pooping regularly so i do not know what is going on. I started to worry so I had him out and noticed he goes back to his beautiful colors when i take him out of his enclosure… i called the reptile store near me and they said this is because he does not want to be in his enclosure which i do not know haha and when he is out he runs around and is completely normal. His beard is not black at all he just has darkened in color and I just want to make sure my baby is okay. I saw it could be from shedding which he just had his head shed so maybe that is it?????? please let me know what you guys think!

Thanks a ton!!
Please post a pic --- usually if they get dark it could be hes trying to absorb the heat -- is he sitting under his basking bulb when doing this --- the pet store does not know what they are talking about--- it could be shed is coming on -- but a pic would be most helpful -- how are you getting the basking temps? NO stickons and you need a digital probe thermometer to get surface temps --- for a adult / juvie dragon 95-100 for a baby 105-110-- place the probe on the spot he sits for basking and wait 10 minor so and then get the temp