• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to place UVB?

Amanda480

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have an Exo Terra 38x18x18 and I bought a Zoo Med T5 with a 22” bulb. It came with a 5.0 but I bought a 10.00 as well. I just don’t know if that is too strong with this sized tank. Also the mesh on top of Exo Terra’s are pretty thick so I don’t know if I should mount below or keep it on the screen.

My question is what bulb should I use and should I mount the light or not?

Thank you for your time.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have an Exo Terra 38x18x18 and I bought a Zoo Med T5 with a 22” bulb. It came with a 5.0 but I bought a 10.00 as well. I just don’t know if that is too strong with this sized tank. Also the mesh on top of Exo Terra’s are pretty thick so I don’t know if I should mount below or keep it on the screen.

My question is what bulb should I use and should I mount the light or not?

Thank you for your time.
Please use the 10.0 for a 40 gallon tank and thick screen it needs to go inside the tank directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches --- you may haft to snip some of the holes to get it mounted inside the tank https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
You can use this stuff its like a Velcro strap cut into strips the wrap around the fixture or you can use long plastic zip ties or 3 M command Velcro fasteners or fishing line or picture hanging wire

Amanda480

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please use the 10.0 for a 40 gallon tank and thick screen it needs to go inside the tank directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches --- you may haft to snip some of the holes to get it mounted inside the tank https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
You can use this stuff its like a Velcro strap cut into strips the wrap around the fixture or you can use long plastic zip ties or 3 M command Velcro fasteners or fishing line or picture hanging wire
It has a
Thank you for the reply. Just to clarify, I shouldn’t put anything climbable above 12-15 inches? That light needs to be 3-6 inches away from the bearded dragon?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It has a

Thank you for the reply. Just to clarify, I shouldn’t put anything climbable above 12-15 inches? That light needs to be 3-6 inches away from the bearded dragon?
No you want distance from your basking decor directly under it 12-15 inches