• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to begin?

Steph4158

Bearded Dragon Egg
Brief history: I was someone petrified of reptiles. My husband (reptile lover) comes home one day, "Got a Bearded Dragon today"...Fast forward, met the little guy...talked to him for 3 months before getting the nerve to pick him up, then falling completely in love with him forever converting me to reptile lover too. My baby, Crikey, was given to us from a lady that bought him from Pet Smart. Crikey was only 2.5 years old when Gout consumed him and led to his passing Oct 2021. I think this website may be one of the only that truly understands the pain from losing a beardie. I still cry to this day and people think I am crazy. I feel I am finally at the point where I can get a new baby. I need some advice on the best place, person to purchase a new bearded dragon from without the constant worry of husbandry, since I've learned that overbreeding is a concern with Pet Smart in particular. Crikey suffered as a result of overbreeding per my exotic vet at University of Tennessee's Vet Center and if I can ease my fear at all of the same thing happening, it would be a great relief. My budget is around 250.00 (just for the purchase of the beardie). I know there are no guarantees on health completely. But still considering myself a newbie, any suggestions on reputable breeders within my budget? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Included is a pic of Crikey, who forever changed my feelings on reptiles. My heart will always ache for this special boy, but I have so much more love left in my heart to give.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Brief history: I was someone petrified of reptiles. My husband (reptile lover) comes home one day, "Got a Bearded Dragon today"...Fast forward, met the little guy...talked to him for 3 months before getting the nerve to pick him up, then falling completely in love with him forever converting me to reptile lover too. My baby, Crikey, was given to us from a lady that bought him from Pet Smart. Crikey was only 2.5 years old when Gout consumed him and led to his passing Oct 2021. I think this website may be one of the only that truly understands the pain from losing a beardie. I still cry to this day and people think I am crazy. I feel I am finally at the point where I can get a new baby. I need some advice on the best place, person to purchase a new bearded dragon from without the constant worry of husbandry, since I've learned that overbreeding is a concern with Pet Smart in particular. Crikey suffered as a result of overbreeding per my exotic vet at University of Tennessee's Vet Center and if I can ease my fear at all of the same thing happening, it would be a great relief. My budget is around 250.00 (just for the purchase of the beardie). I know there are no guarantees on health completely. But still considering myself a newbie, any suggestions on reputable breeders within my budget? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Included is a pic of Crikey, who forever changed my feelings on reptiles. My heart will always ache for this special boy, but I have so much more love left in my heart to give.
I am sorry to hear about crikey-- they do get to us and our hearts-- as far as breeders I am not familiar w/ them but I can point you in the right direction for getting some known breeders -- I will PM you--