• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When did they eat

GinaSimi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
They were selling this little guy as a juvenile. I brought him home yesterday and he ate about 4 tiny crickets, he hasn't eaten any since then. I put him in the feeding tank with about 10 and he watches them but hadn't gone after any. Is this just him acclimating to his new environment or should I try something else. He also pooped yesterday after I brought him home and that was normal. He is very alert and inquisitive, has no problem being held or petted. My tank set up is good, I recently lost my other beardie, and I'm using his set up. I have a new T5, a ceramic heater, and a basking bulb, I don't use coil bulbs. We made sure that everything was turned on and at temp prior to bringing him home. I've never had one this small, George was older when I got him.
20210419_180409.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They were selling this little guy as a juvenile. I brought him home yesterday and he ate about 4 tiny crickets, he hasn't eaten any since then. I put him in the feeding tank with about 10 and he watches them but hadn't gone after any. Is this just him acclimating to his new environment or should I try something else. He also pooped yesterday after I brought him home and that was normal. He is very alert and inquisitive, has no problem being held or petted. My tank set up is good, I recently lost my other beardie, and I'm using his set up. I have a new T5, a ceramic heater, and a basking bulb, I don't use coil bulbs. We made sure that everything was turned on and at temp prior to bringing him home. I've never had one this small, George was older when I got him.View attachment 26794
He is little- you can order him some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com do not dust them they are a great staple feeder--- add them to his salads infront of him-- he needs to be started on salads right away- make sure you have the UVB properly placed in the tank - depending on your screen it can sit on top but it has to be a wide holed type - if it's a fine mesh it needs to go inside- digital probe thermometer need to be used for accurate basking temps- he will go thru relocation stress- he's eating will be off but he should keep eating w/ correct basking temps and correct UVB placement-- if it's inside the tank distance should be 12-15 inches directly above basking decor-- top of screen 8-10 inches--

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They were selling this little guy as a juvenile. I brought him home yesterday and he ate about 4 tiny crickets, he hasn't eaten any since then. I put him in the feeding tank with about 10 and he watches them but hadn't gone after any. Is this just him acclimating to his new environment or should I try something else. He also pooped yesterday after I brought him home and that was normal. He is very alert and inquisitive, has no problem being held or petted. My tank set up is good, I recently lost my other beardie, and I'm using his set up. I have a new T5, a ceramic heater, and a basking bulb, I don't use coil bulbs. We made sure that everything was turned on and at temp prior to bringing him home. I've never had one this small, George was older when I got him.View attachment 26794
It might be something serious but changes are it’s either just because he is stresed because he just got to his new home. Or maybe the lighting or somthing. csn you show us your setup?

GinaSimi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just wanted to give an update. Nykyrian is now eating, he didn't like the box I was using for a feeding tank, so I went and brought in the travel tank, put in the carpet for it, and wala, he is eating.