• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When buying a dragon!

Debbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
My mate just bought a dragon for her son and I was shocked at what bad advice she was given! Firstly she paid €300 for what she was told was a full set up which didn't even include a hide, thermometer or water/food bowl just one piece of wood. Then secondly she was told to just feed him meal worms and veg. He's only at most 4/5 months. Then the worst thing is UVB wasn't even mentioned. He's already a dull looking colour and I don't reckon he had one in the shop! She hadn't a clue what I was talking about when I told her she needed one. These people are selling animals and giving advice on things they know nothing about and charging a fortune to do it. Just so wrong

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My mate just bought a dragon for her son and I was shocked at what bad advice she was given! Firstly she paid €300 for what she was told was a full set up which didn't even include a hide, thermometer or water/food bowl just one piece of wood. Then secondly she was told to just feed him meal worms and veg. He's only at most 4/5 months. Then the worst thing is UVB wasn't even mentioned. He's already a dull looking colour and I don't reckon he had one in the shop! She hadn't a clue what I was talking about when I told her she needed one. These people are selling animals and giving advice on things they know nothing about and charging a fortune to do it. Just so wrong
WOW!! That is really horrible that he was given such bad advice and such little on proper environmental needs.At least you are here and have the resources to help get him on the right track.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Under our comments are some helpful guides to general care and set up and lighting etc. Have your friend join and read up!