• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's the best slurry to hydrate?

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
My bearded dragon Earl just started eating again and he's been taking critical care which should keep him hydrated but for after he is done with that i need a good slurry to feed him to keep him hydrated since he never drinks water ever. I also need a slurry that can last 2-3 days in the fridge without having to remake it. If anyone can help please let me know :) thank you.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon Earl just started eating again and he's been taking critical care which should keep him hydrated but for after he is done with that i need a good slurry to feed him to keep him hydrated since he never drinks water ever. I also need a slurry that can last 2-3 days in the fridge without having to remake it. If anyone can help please let me know :) thank you.
Make up enough for 2 days or so and make sure it has lots of water -- soupy that will keep him hydrated --- watch his poops they will tell you if hes hydrated or not

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just spray water over top his greens they get most of their moisture of their diet anyway . Give him the occasional soak if he wants some water he’ll drink. They usually don’t recognize standing water I use to have a water fall in my Viv but my enclosure is rather huge so it didn’t bother my humidity

Shranda

Bearded Dragon Egg
Make up enough for 2 days or so and make sure it has lots of water -- soupy that will keep him hydrated --- watch his poops they will tell you if hes hydrated or not
Try 100% nutritionally complete bearded dragon slurry. It is found on Etsy and is called Beardy Gold. It works wonders!

Rich Garbarino

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My two dragons never drink water and they don't need to. They get plenty of hydration from veggies or the occasional soak. I also feed Repashy Beardie Buffet, it's a food powder you mix with hot water and it cools to a soft gel like consistency. They love it and it's really healthy. I also feed dub roaches which are also fed fruits and veggies and another Repashy product called bug burger, same as the other, mix with hot water in it makes a nice big gel block they feed off of.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My two dragons never drink water and they don't need to. They get plenty of hydration from veggies or the occasional soak. I also feed Repashy Beardie Buffet, it's a food powder you mix with hot water and it cools to a soft gel like consistency. They love it and it's really healthy. I also feed dub roaches which are also fed fruits and veggies and another Repashy product called bug burger, same as the other, mix with hot water in it makes a nice big gel block they feed off of.
Watch the poop and pee --- you want formed white urate and dark soft moist poop --- thats going to tell you if they are hydrated -- no white chalk or dry looking urate - means they are dehydrated

Rich Garbarino

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Watch the poop and pee --- you want formed white urate and dark soft moist poop --- thats going to tell you if they are hydrated -- no white chalk or dry looking urate - means they are dehydrated
They have perfect poops! :)