• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What morph is this?

What kind of bearded dragon is this?

• Dunner?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dilton

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pls help

Attachments

• IMG_20170729_135912.jpg
    IMG_20170729_135912.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 159

Honeybadger

Hatchling Dragon
Does not look like a dunner, if it were the scales on the legs would not allign so perfectly. Scales growing in all directoins are sort of the trademark of the dunner morph.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like a normal/common beardie

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
Classic/Standard, Leatherback, Translucent, Hypomelanistic, Dunner, Silkback, Witblits, Zero, Wero and Paradox

The classic bearded dragon has a back covered in spikes and has no special gene or morph, these dragons most closely resemble the ones found in the wild in Australia.

leatherback is a favorite among breeders and owners, it has a smooth back with no spikes except the sides and head, with no spikes on their back their colors also appear more vivid.

The translucent or 'trans' morph is named for the almost see through appearance of a dragons spikes and scales. Babies tend to have an almost clear belly that looks blue-ish and these dragons most often have deep dark brown eyes that appear solid black and sometimes have blue eyelids.

The dunner dragons were bred by Kevin Dunn, these dragons have a unique pattern that runs down through their tail and their scales have no clear pattern or direction, growing in different directions all over the body.

The hypomelanistic or 'hypo' morph is a dragon that is unable to make darker colors or patterns and have a more pastel appearance, another common trait is clearer nails compared to all other morphs.

The silkback or 'silkie' are a completely scaleless dragon, they are soft as silk to the touch and almost resemble a frog. Due to their lack of scales their color has no interruption and these tend to be the most beautiful colored of all the bearded dragon morphs, but the hardest to care for.

The paradox is a startling development in bearded dragons, they seem to be a product of breeding translucent, hypo, witblits and zero dragons. These dragons have translucent scales all over the body in patches of white/purple/blue spots.

Witblits dragons are a newer morph in the community. These pattern-less dragons throw a variety muted colors and have no markings and they can be very expensive.

Zero dragons are completely patternless and colorless, hence the "zero". These dragons are startlingly white in color and are the new favorite in the breeding community.

The combination of breeding a zero with a witblits gave us the wero. This is the newest morph in the dragon breeding community and appears white and patternless.

Keep in mind that as a dragons grows it's colors will change. Some get duller, some brighter and babes frequently have white breaking up their color but as they grow they can become all over saturated. These photos below are of one of my favorite. o

frequently get asked what type of dragon is a "fancy" morph. Fancy is not a morph, its an adjective. Fancy dragons have no set traits, it is simply a way of describing bearded dragons that might be a different morph than a classic/standard dragon. This basically means the seller doesn't know the genetics, but the dragon may look different than the other classic dragons. Also "pygmy dragon" is thrown around a lot, be aware that there is no such thing as a pygmy bearded dragon. There is however a species called a Rankin's orLawson's Dragon which is an entirely different reptile related to Bearded Dragons. Also I have seen breeders make up the most ridiculous labels for dragons like "Blood Red Morph" and "Super Citrus Super Tiger Morph" these are not actual morphs. Keep in mind Color and morph are 2 different things. And "super" is not a legitimate morph, its an opinion. I hate to see anyone pay more than they should for a regular Classic dragon with no special morph because a breeder told them the dragon is fancy. Color, pattern and morph will always affect the price of a bearded dragon, especially from high end breeders. But don't let yourself get taken advantage of by spending more money for something that is just a made up name or photo-shopped in color. Do your research.
cec13e121c7b83b815ea3d8ac79a84b2.jpg
bbe7c838ef94b6097357111b2629a30b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
Pics first is around June 10, 2017 when I bought him. Last pic was taken July 25, 2017.

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Classic/Standard, Leatherback, Translucent, Hypomelanistic, Dunner, Silkback, Witblits, Zero, Wero and Paradox

The classic bearded dragon has a back covered in spikes and has no special gene or morph, these dragons most closely resemble the ones found in the wild in Australia.

leatherback is a favorite among breeders and owners, it has a smooth back with no spikes except the sides and head, with no spikes on their back their colors also appear more vivid.

The translucent or 'trans' morph is named for the almost see through appearance of a dragons spikes and scales. Babies tend to have an almost clear belly that looks blue-ish and these dragons most often have deep dark brown eyes that appear solid black and sometimes have blue eyelids.

The dunner dragons were bred by Kevin Dunn, these dragons have a unique pattern that runs down through their tail and their scales have no clear pattern or direction, growing in different directions all over the body.

The hypomelanistic or 'hypo' morph is a dragon that is unable to make darker colors or patterns and have a more pastel appearance, another common trait is clearer nails compared to all other morphs.

The silkback or 'silkie' are a completely scaleless dragon, they are soft as silk to the touch and almost resemble a frog. Due to their lack of scales their color has no interruption and these tend to be the most beautiful colored of all the bearded dragon morphs, but the hardest to care for.

The paradox is a startling development in bearded dragons, they seem to be a product of breeding translucent, hypo, witblits and zero dragons. These dragons have translucent scales all over the body in patches of white/purple/blue spots.

Witblits dragons are a newer morph in the community. These pattern-less dragons throw a variety muted colors and have no markings and they can be very expensive.

Zero dragons are completely patternless and colorless, hence the "zero". These dragons are startlingly white in color and are the new favorite in the breeding community.

The combination of breeding a zero with a witblits gave us the wero. This is the newest morph in the dragon breeding community and appears white and patternless.

Keep in mind that as a dragons grows it's colors will change. Some get duller, some brighter and babes frequently have white breaking up their color but as they grow they can become all over saturated. These photos below are of one of my favorite. o

frequently get asked what type of dragon is a "fancy" morph. Fancy is not a morph, its an adjective. Fancy dragons have no set traits, it is simply a way of describing bearded dragons that might be a different morph than a classic/standard dragon. This basically means the seller doesn't know the genetics, but the dragon may look different than the other classic dragons. Also "pygmy dragon" is thrown around a lot, be aware that there is no such thing as a pygmy bearded dragon. There is however a species called a Rankin's orLawson's Dragon which is an entirely different reptile related to Bearded Dragons. Also I have seen breeders make up the most ridiculous labels for dragons like "Blood Red Morph" and "Super Citrus Super Tiger Morph" these are not actual morphs. Keep in mind Color and morph are 2 different things. And "super" is not a legitimate morph, its an opinion. I hate to see anyone pay more than they should for a regular Classic dragon with no special morph because a breeder told them the dragon is fancy. Color, pattern and morph will always affect the price of a bearded dragon, especially from high end breeders. But don't let yourself get taken advantage of by spending more money for something that is just a made up name or photo-shopped in color. Do your research.
cec13e121c7b83b815ea3d8ac79a84b2.jpg
bbe7c838ef94b6097357111b2629a30b.jpg

This larger orange dragon, what type is this? He is very similar to my dragon which I was told is a citrus something or other. I wasn’t too fussed on what ‘morph’ or dragon we got, as long as it looked healthy - but I deffo think we were overcharged!