• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What greenery from the outside is suitable for my beardie?

Jobe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it safe for my beardie to eat things such as tree leaves and flowers? I know most fruits and vegetables are acceptable that's if they want to eat them lol

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
For the most part, no its not safe. Unless you know it has been grown without fertilizers or insecticides I would pass on it. Outside pollution can also find its way into plants, its just not worth the risk. You can grow your own dragon food in pots, much safer.

Terra66

Hatchling Dragon
Grow your own dandelions and clover. My beardies love the greens and my iguana and bunny love the flowers. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea it's pretty hard to be sure if the plants have been exposed to toxins or not.. I steer clear of outdoor items unless I've grown them or I gather from a place I know has not been exposed to pesticides.. I do dandelions, clover hibiscus flowers