• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What fruit does your beardie like?

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Looking for inspiration - my Skittles HATES fruit. I think I've tried the obvious fruits - blueberries, strawberries, apple... if I mix them in the greens he figures it out and will go on hunger strike for the day!!!

Luckily he is good about eating his greens and vegetables, and I supplement his food with a vitamin, so it's not like he is in dire need. Just want to diversify his diet some! Thanks for the input y'all!!!
20170417_094816.jpg

LiamR

Hatchling Dragon
Try to put a treat under the fruit, or something that he/she enjoys, Skittles may eat the fruit to get to the treat or insect, hope it works!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't worry too much about the fruit as you don't want them to have too much sugar.. so the more greens the better. My youngest LOVES blackberries my older one could care less for fruit.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Don't worry too much about the fruit. Mine love blueberries. Even Dexter who won't eat any veggies will flip for a blueberry. It seems like each of my dragons has a different preference. My boy doesn't like anything but blueberries. Both girls will eat a strawberry. Dolly absolutely loves mango if I cut it into strips and hold it for her to eat. Papaya and watermelon used to be ones they liked.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
I wouldn't worry too much about the fruit as you don't want them to have too much sugar.. so the more greens the better. My youngest LOVES blackberries my older one could care less for fruit.

I tried blackerberries once... it was a massacre! I don't think he actually ate any - instead he smeared the juice all over the cage and himself like a toddler with their first set of finger paints! Totally freaked me out until I realized he was covered in blackberry juice hahaha.

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
I tried blackerberries once... it was a massacre! I don't think he actually ate any - instead he smeared the juice all over the cage and himself like a toddler with their first set of finger paints! Totally freaked me out until I realized he was covered in blackberry juice hahaha.
How cute

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
Try to put a treat under the fruit, or something that he/she enjoys, Skittles may eat the fruit to get to the treat or insect, hope it works!
Were can l get treats for my picky eater Bella? I know she proubly gets board so l want to make sure she gets what she needs ty!

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
Don't worry too much about the fruit. Mine love blueberries. Even Dexter who won't eat any veggies will flip for a blueberry. It seems like each of my dragons has a different preference. My boy doesn't like anything but blueberries. Both girls will eat a strawberry. Dolly absolutely loves mango if I cut it into strips and hold it for her to eat. Papaya and watermelon used to be ones they liked.
Any suggestions l can feed Bella, and how to intise her to want it?

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
Looking for inspiration - my Skittles HATES fruit. I think I've tried the obvious fruits - blueberries, strawberries, apple... if I mix them in the greens he figures it out and will go on hunger strike for the day!!!

Luckily he is good about eating his greens and vegetables, and I supplement his food with a vitamin, so it's not like he is in dire need. Just want to diversify his diet some! Thanks for the input y'all!!!
View attachment 18172
Precious Baby!!!!

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon

View attachment 18172
What veggies dose your baby eat and do you cook them or feed them raw, I'm trying to give Bella more a variety she seems to be a little picky, she's my little princess

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What veggies dose your baby eat and do you cook them or feed them raw, I'm trying to give Bella more a variety she seems to be a little picky, she's my little princess

Check out the website beautifuldragons.com there is a great nutrition chart there that will give you ideas of what to feed. Fruit is always an occasional item. It’s condidered a treat because it’s high in sugar. Babies don’t always like veggies at first and are more interested in bugs.

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
Check out the website beautifuldragons.com there is a great nutrition chart there that will give you ideas of what to feed. Fruit is always an occasional item. It’s condidered a treat because it’s high in sugar. Babies don’t always like veggies at first and are more interested in bugs.
Thank you! I'll look that up shes around 8 or 9 months old now. MY little princess