• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What do you guys think?

Srmcclure

Hatchling Dragon
I know peski is young, but I thought I'd see what you guys thought. Male or female characteristics so far?

20220110_104901.jpg

Srmcclure

Hatchling Dragon
It's a boy
Oh awesome!!!! Thank you so much!!

That makes me really excited! I was secretly terrified of having a female and not knowing what to do and it becoming egg bound one day

My tortoise is also thought to be a male (it's only 4 years old, so can't be 100% sure yet) so that is a load off my mind

Badwolfe

Hatchling Dragon
Def looks male to me. You can see the two hemipene bulges fairly clearly in that pic. How big and old is he now?

If you want to make totally sure shine a bright torch through the back of his tail just below the vent area and take a picture of the light shining through from underneath and post it. You should be able to see the hemipenes illuminated through the tail by the torch

Srmcclure

Hatchling Dragon
Def looks male to me. You can see the two hemipene bulges fairly clearly in that pic. How big and old is he now?

If you want to make totally sure shine a bright torch through the back of his tail just below the vent area and take a picture of the light shining through from underneath and post it. You should be able to see the hemipenes illuminated through the tail by the torch
He is coming up on 4 months now so says the breeder I got him from, But hes kind of big for what I was expecting 4 months to be.
I know they all grow at different rates so maybe that's just it. I'll have to measure when i get off work and see for sure. The light may have to wait a little bit too lol. He's taming pretty well but hes still a wild man from time to time