• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What Do You Feed Your Bearded Dragon?

idontknowwhattoputhere

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm new to bearded dragon keeping. I've seen many guides online, but many of them are too complicated. So what diet do you, personally, feed your bearded dragon?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm new to bearded dragon keeping. I've seen many guides online, but many of them are too complicated. So what diet do you, personally, feed your bearded dragon?
Welcome to the forum! If you look at the links below several of our comments we have posted information on general care as well as a food link.
Remember that Live is best so for bugs there are lots of options: Dubia roaches, crickets, superworms, BSFL, silk worms, hornworms, butterworms, waxworms...Some are only meant for treats as they are high in fat: butterworms/waxworms. Good worm but high in fat: superworms
salads should be offered everyday containing staples like: collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens

idontknowwhattoputhere

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum! If you look at the links below several of our comments we have posted information on general care as well as a food link.
Remember that Live is best so for bugs there are lots of options: Dubia roaches, crickets, superworms, BSFL, silk worms, hornworms, butterworms, waxworms...Some are only meant for treats as they are high in fat: butterworms/waxworms. Good worm but high in fat: superworms
salads should be offered everyday containing staples like: collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens
Thank you, but what I meant was a feeding schedule. I know what I can feed it, I just don't know how much.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, a baby/juvenile dragon should be fed as much as it will eat in a 15 minute period, 2 or 3 times a day. This can equate to a lot of bugs, but they need all of that protein to grow. Veggies should also be fed daily, though youngsters can be fussy and may not want to eat them. Bugs need to be dusted also. Feeding frequency can be reduced as they get older, but babies have high requirements

idontknowwhattoputhere

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, a baby/juvenile dragon should be fed as much as it will eat in a 15 minute period, 2 or 3 times a day. This can equate to a lot of bugs, but they need all of that protein to grow. Veggies should also be fed daily, though youngsters can be fussy and may not want to eat them. Bugs need to be dusted also. Feeding frequency can be reduced as they get older, but babies have high requirements
Thank you, this really helps a lot!