• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What can I do? Staple feeder info please.

Sammi Tuggle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Need answers please admin or anyone. Ok so first, is it correct or no that Ember can have superworms as a staple? I have heard so many things. I just need correct answers. Bc he refuses to eat crickets and mealworms. She was eating at least a salad and a half everyday. But here lately she has refused the worms except maybe 3 or 4 every other day, barely nibbles on her salad. this has been going on for about a week. Her temps are between 108-112 on her basking side and the cool side stays at 77. She is 6 months old, 305g and 16 1/2 inches long. below are the pics of her set up and her light which is 10.0. I noticed she is getting lighter and i thought maybe she is going to shed but I am not sure. I am just a super paranoid dragon mommy and i don't want anything to happen to her. Her vet check up for her 6 month was great. she is healthy and no parasites. Healthy poops. PLEASE help me out with the best feeder list you have any ideas.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 29939397_10209739425677284_2062249962_n.jpg
    29939397_10209739425677284_2062249962_n.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 26

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, the advice is confusing because they used to be considered ok, but recently its been shown that they are very fatty and can cause obesity. It means we should limit our dragons intake of them. Have you tried dubias or discoids? they are the best staple bug out there. They can be gut loaded by feeding them the veggies your dragon wont eat yet, that way Ember still benefits from those nutrients.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
BeardedHippy is right. Bearded dragons are fairly new to the pet trade so they are really a learning in progress pet. Superworms are better than mealworms because they have less of that harder shell and fed in moderation they are okay. They are high in fat so if fed as the only feeder, it is easy for the dragon to get fat fast. The added fat puts strain on the liver and kidney. You can feed a few supers a week but also mix in things like dubia or BSFL or silkworms.