• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What breeders sell the most colorful Dragons?

Steve Gallagher

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys,
So the ex male 3 yr old breeder I wanted was sold so disappointed. Now I'm back in the game looking for another male dragon. Who in your opinion sells the most intense coloring dragons? What type of dragon has the most striking coloration patterns? I appreciate your help just so upset really wanted that dragon was waiting on girl friends approval which I finally got the okay yesterday :( Last question is it better to buy a baby or an adult dragon? What's the pros and cons of both? You guys rule appreciate all of the help.
Thanks,
Steve

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
I got mine from Carolina Classic Dragons. He's very pretty with quite a bit of yellow and orange.In the picture his legs are in shed but they're pretty yellow. They have some very colorful ones, super yellow, some that almost look pastel, some very orange... A large variety. I love their beardies. They don't sell breeders though so you would have to get a baby or juvenile and wait until he's ready to breed.

867_4910991568828_767621334_n.jpg

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Hands down Fire & Ice Dragons, PA... they ship overnight. I just bought mine and received it today. He will actually turn brighter yellow (including the orangish red on him) every time he sheds until he is about 1.5-2 yrs old. Aries (my BD), is a Super Citrus. He has all clear nails and the tiger stripes on his side will turn lavender like the BD in my profile pic. Actually, that's his father in the profile pic. I paid a lot for him- $350, however I think he will be their best quality of a $500 BD. Either way, his bloodline is 100% pure Super Citrus. There is nothing wrong with anyones BD here. I chose to buy this expensive BD because I always wanted a Fire & Ice Dragon. And I'm not 1 bit sorry or sore paying for him....
IMG_0756.jpg

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I got mine from Carolina Classic Dragons. He's very pretty with quite a bit of yellow and orange.In the picture his legs are in shed but they're pretty yellow. They have some very colorful ones, super yellow, some that almost look pastel, some very orange... A large variety. I love their beardies. They don't sell breeders though so you would have to get a baby or juvenile and wait until he's ready to breed.

View attachment 5497

Very nice BD. I love the patterns with color. What type is it called?

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you =) that baby beardie of yours is phenominal!

Draco is a citrus/orange tiger =) I knew he was the one I wanted right when I saw his picture

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I wouldn't mind having one like yours either. He is spectacular! Same with me, I knew I wanted one of Zeus's offspring and this is what I got. I really think he is the pic of the clutch though. They are pricey but worth it. Heck, owning a BD is expensive on it's own. But it is so worth it.... And I do see the Citrus traits real well with those side bars on Draco.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Yea he was a bit pricey too but I expected it for what I wanted. Eventually I'm going to get another one and I already know what I want her to look like =P

I'm anxious to see your baby as an adult. Draco's colors have intensified with each shed and the side bars have come out more and more, so that means your baby is going to glow yellow as it keeps shedding =P

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Jela's Badass Beardies (check them out on FB) has gorgeous dragons! They have weekly auctions as well as regular shipping and sell juveniles and adults (various morphs and colors). I'd love to have one from them but my Kratos keeps me busy enough.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I checked them out. They are pretty good from what I can see. I do love their Snow Dragon. Not too many pure white ones out there. However, I look for color over pattern. Maybe one day I can get one of those snow camo BD's from Jela's.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
I like bloodbankdragons.org I'm not impressed by fire and ice dragons site. And lets face it in this day and age you have to have a great site

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I'm not impressed with their website either but they also have FaceBook and I have one of their dragons. They are of high quality. Plus there are tons of pictures on their FB page and the sell off there as they do on the phone. Blood bank is good too but overpriced for what you get. I have seen in person Both Bloodbank ("blood reds"-not to red and then usually fades to dark brown) and Fire & Ice ("Fire Reds"- ranges from a coral red to a bright fire red. They do get brighter as they age!). $ for $, F&I has the best 100% morph Nationwide for like 8 years now. And that is a fact you can look up.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
I'm not impressed with their website either but they also have FaceBook and I have one of their dragons. They are of high quality. Plus there are tons of pictures on their FB page and the sell off there as they do on the phone. Blood bank is good too but overpriced for what you get. I have seen in person Both Bloodbank ("blood reds"-not to red and then usually fades to dark brown) and Fire & Ice ("Fire Reds"- ranges from a coral red to a bright fire red. They do get brighter as they age!). $ for $, F&I has the best 100% morph Nationwide for like 8 years now. And that is a fact you can look up.

they do have awesome looking reds on fire and ice but i didnt see a ton of leatherbacks. i dont use FB so i cant look at them on there. but they do have some of the better looking dragons.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
They don't display all their BD's on their for sale site. Only the ones that have clutches for sell. Those "Ice" BD's (the white ones), they have leatherback in them. Do you only like Leatherbacks? I'm not even really sure what all sub species there is for BD's. Can you tell me? After I get a female I will be opening my own BD shop. Hopefully by the end of next year.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
The only ones I really know about are normal kinds then Leatherbacks which have smaller scales and almost no thorns on them. The. There are silkbacks which basically have skin and no thorns at all but, they do take a lot of extra care.
I really want an orange or red leather back. And I would love to get one are kind 6 Inchs or maybe even 8 inches.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
I'm not the right person to ask about tons of breeds of dragons. I just know what I like. German Giants are just a bit to big for me to have ATM. I know there is some other one I was looking at. It's called a tiger. Only good site I have found for them is www.draggintailsinc.com

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Fire & Ice dragons are priced as follows- 150,250,350 & 500 dollars. Each dragon is raited at 5-6 weeks and you get what you pay for. I bought mine when he was in an egg still. They don't pick them out for you until after 5 weeks. Over half the clutch were $500 dragons and I got lucky with the "Best of the Clutch" pick and the fact that over half the clutch was $500 dragons. So my $350 was upgraded to the $500 one I have now.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
I would highly recommend checking out Carolina Classics Dragons. I found Draco by looking through their facebook. They put up awesome looking beardies on their facebook for great prices. Depending on what you want you'll definitely pay a bit but you'll see your beardie before you buy them. Right when I saw Draco's picture I called them right away to make sure he was still available, he came out of his container very friendly, let me hold him a little while and I put him in his enclosure. He adjusted really quickly and he's growing like a weed now! If I ever get another beardie I will definitely be purchasing from CCD again.