• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning A Beardie?

LaurynLxo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Guys! I’m considering purchasing my first beardie what are the pros and cons of owning them compared with say a Blue Tongued Skink?
Thanks In Advance

AngelDeVille

Hatchling Dragon
The Conan of it is, you get to see your enemies driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women.

Bearded dragons need UV lighting and a variety to their diet. But they are very easy to maintain once the basics are met.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardies are more social and want to be held vs skinks

grayliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lots of other reptiles like to just be left alone. My ball python for example, would be a nervous wreck if I handled him more than once a month. Some of the geckos we had were also less sociable. Most lizards do not care if you handle them or not and prefer the not, but beardies pretty much require it, since they get bored and like interaction.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My bearded dragons are the neediest of all of my pets, besides my cat. They are not good socially with each other but seem to CRAVE attention from their humans.