• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weight and length day!

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
Today Murphy is a healthy 4.90oz and 13 inches long. I'm thinking he's 6 months old? Any input on his possible age would be great.

Attachments

• 20230219_112220.jpg
    20230219_112220.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 20230219_112038.jpg
    20230219_112038.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today Murphy is a healthy 4.90oz and 13 inches long. I'm thinking he's 6 months old? Any input on his possible age would be great.
Yea its possible hes around 6 months-- do you know how old or close to an age when you got him?

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
Yea its possible hes around 6 months-- do you know how old or close to an age when you got him?
No unfortunately I didn't receive any information on him like that. I purchased him from a chain pet store. He was the smallest of the 3 that were in his tank. He ran right up to the front like help! Lol. I didn't buy him at first, I went back later that day cause I couldn't stop thinking about his little self!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No unfortunately I didn't receive any information on him like that. I purchased him from a chain pet store. He was the smallest of the 3 that were in his tank. He ran right up to the front like help! Lol. I didn't buy him at first, I went back later that day cause I couldn't stop thinking about his little self!
He picked you and he was probably getting picked on- so it's good you got him out of that environment - please tell me your using a good long tube uvb fixture No coils - and getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer- 95-100

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
He picked you and he was probably getting picked on- so it's good you got him out of that environment - please tell me your using a good long tube uvb fixture No coils - and getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer- 95-100
Yes! You have helped me A LOT with that. His average basking Temp is 105-108. Is that to high now that he's older? I did sense that the other 2 wanted nothing to do with him. He went to get up on the top of the hide they had in there and they both left and went to the other side. Poor guy!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes! You have helped me A LOT with that. His average basking Temp is 105-108. Is that to high now that he's older? I did sense that the other 2 wanted nothing to do with him. He went to get up on the top of the hide they had in there and they both left and went to the other side. Poor guy!
Is he still basking under the bulb at those temps? If not lower them to the 95-100 - usually as they get older 6 months and up they don't like the real hot temps

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
Is he still basking under the bulb at those temps? If not lower them to the 95-100 - usually as they get older 6 months and up they don't like the real hot temps
Yes he is. He moves around between the hammock and wood but the time frame of him under the lights hasn't changed. His poop is very healthy looking and everything is digested. Great water content and everything. I will be sure to pay attention to that though. Think I should turn it down a little more towards 100?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes he is. He moves around between the hammock and wood but the time frame of him under the lights hasn't changed. His poop is very healthy looking and everything is digested. Great water content and everything. I will be sure to pay attention to that though. Think I should turn it down a little more towards 100?
Just keep an eye on the place hes sitting to bask -- if he starts sitting off to one side where the temp isnt as hot then I would turn it down

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This ain’t cutting it anymore lol
Believe it or not he will still be able to use it -- dont get rid of it -- I have the same in my two tanks and both dragons use that piece ---

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
Believe it or not he will still be able to use it -- dont get rid of it -- I have the same in my two tanks and both dragons use that piece ---
She like it. But she basks on top of a bigger cave more. That’s the hottest location. The cave top is 95 degrees

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
May I ask where you got the hammock and wood? Nugget needs bigger furniture lol
I got the hammock at pets plus. Petco and PetSmart also have them. I got the wood in this picture from a local family owned pet shop. But just recently I harvest a piece willow tree drift wood. I took it home and soaked it for a half hour on each side(cause it floats lol) in bleach water and then baked it in the oven on a cookie sheet on 250 degrees Fahrenheit checking it every 15 minutes to see if it was dry