• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Waving Dragons Photo Contest!! Many will enter, only one will WIN!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Paging all you Bearded Dragon Photographers!
Our latest contest will take some quick photo-snapping and lots of patience. We're looking for your best photo of your dragon(s) with their ARMS WAVING! It doesn't matter if they're dancing, running, or JUMPING - just as long as their ARM is WAVING - it's fair game!
The winner will be selected by popular vote and the winner will receive a grand prize Bearded Dragon from DragonsDenHerp.com ! (If you cannot house another dragon, please let us know and your prize may be donated to the next runner-up or an alternative prize may be given.) Of course, the winning photo will go up on the homepage for all to see and envy!! :) ;)
Here are the rules:
- Your photo must contain a living bearded dragon with a waving arm!
- Your photo must be submitted by May 17, 2012 @ 11:59pm PST
- Only one entry per member, please choose your photo carefully! Please don't try to work the system by registering multiple accounts. Cheaters will be disqualified from this and future contests.
- You may NOT change your entry once it has been submitted
- The winner will be chosen by popular vote - so tell your friends to register on BeardedDragonForum.com and get their entries in TODAY!
- In the event of a tie, I will choose the winner.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! May the best photo win!

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Arm waving is a great toppic for a photo. This will be a tricky one for me. My beardies haven't waved since they were babies, lol. Not sure how this will go....

Good luck all!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
One hint to help your beardie wave may be to place a mirror in front of him/her... ;) :) Best of luck everyone. May the best photo win!

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yikes mine hasn't waved since I first got her.. I think imma have to sit out on this one :/

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine doesn't react to mirrors at all.. just stares, then walks off :p

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yay! We have a new contest! I may not be able to do anything... but luckily I do have babies that do arm wave...

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
already got ics of Kyuubi waving. dont know if i like them. gunna try again for some more.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
my beardie also hasnt waved since he wuz a baby!! good luck 2 all who can enter!!!!! lookin forward 2 seein the pics!!!!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well this Contest is over without one submission that I can see. I used to have lots of waving pics & vids from when my BDs were younger, but had a hard drive go bad & lost all my older pics. Teach me for not Backing things up, lol.

Personally, while specific situation Theme Contests are cool in theory, I find them unfair to the global membership. More times than not, a specific situation theme targets a particular group of keepers. Take this one for example, basically targeted at keepers with really young BDs or with BDs in a breeding or courting situation.

If themes are used, I feel considerations should be taken that it would include the whole membership. Possible Examples: 'Best Cute\Funny Situation Pics', 'Best Pic&Caption (related to the pic)', 'Best Live Feeder Chomps\Catch', 'Best Human Imitation (Natural - without dressing them up)'.

Unstaged things that are just everyday happenings caught on camera & show our pets personalities & characteristics that includes all ages of dragons & keepers.

I think we could have monthly 'Pic of the Month' contests, with no actual physical prize, other than the prestige of having the winner prominently displayed on the Forum for a month. This would alleviate the geographical problems with physical prizes. Live prizes are dependent on whether the Winner can house the prize.

Just my $.02.

So what happens with this now Josh. Does it just fade away?

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i was unsure of where to post the pics, i have several i took i just did not know where to put them. to bad its over, i had some good ones

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
i was unsure of where to post the pics, i have several i took i just did not know where to put them. to bad its over, i had some good ones
Yeah, I saw some of them. I just couldn't get any arm waves and have not happened to catch any on camera.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I agree completely with germ, not everyone could really enter this contest. It was unfair for people who only have one beardie, that are fairly old and used to there surroundings.
It's only fair for those with multiple beardies who are agressive towards each other, or well..baby beardies.
Just my opinion..

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Apologies folks. I thought this might have been a cool theme but it looks like it was too difficult.
Let's do a general Beardie photo contest with no theme. I will create a new thread today and we can start the submissions right away. Start taking photos NOW! :) ;)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Apologies folks. I thought this might have been a cool theme but it looks like it was too difficult.
Let's do a general Beardie photo contest with no theme. I will create a new thread today and we can start the submissions right away. Start taking photos NOW! :) ;)
Just let us know where to post the pics!!! Pretty please!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
just for kicks here was my i was going to use for the contest

p5030039.jpg