• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Want to show off my dream terranium, finally DONE!

BeardieMomma

Hatchling Dragon
Hello! I have a 6 month old female dragon in a 40 gallon tank. All her conditions are perfect (UV, temp, food, etc) but I also got really into the physical appearance of the tank, and also giving her a lot of stimulation. It's finally done!! Showing off some pics! :)

Attachments

• 20221127_200932.jpg
    20221127_200932.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
  • 20221127_201004.jpg
    20221127_201004.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 56
  • 20221127_140946.jpg
    20221127_140946.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 50
  • 20221125_173042.jpg
    20221125_173042.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 20221125_134437.jpg
    20221125_134437.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 54

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*since these pics I have upgraded from a spiral UVB to a T5 tube.
Well your tank is definitely bright and colorful- I would be careful w/ the braided rope you have -- his nails can get caught in things like that and the hammock too --- we often recommend cloth or fleece hammocks - I have seen alot of injuries w/ the hammocks that are made of the grass type and mesh as well -- its great you got rid of the coil UVB they are not any good - the screen on your tank is going to determine where the T 5 goes - w/ that being said what type of screen is it? Fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type?

BeardieMomma

Hatchling Dragon
Well your tank is definitely bright and colorful- I would be careful w/ the braided rope you have -- his nails can get caught in things like that and the hammock too --- we often recommend cloth or fleece hammocks - I have seen alot of injuries w/ the hammocks that are made of the grass type and mesh as well -- its great you got rid of the coil UVB they are not any good - the screen on your tank is going to determine where the T 5 goes - w/ that being said what type of screen is it? Fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type?
Wide hole type. And yes I actually just ordered a very colorful fabric hammock yesterday. What I find really entertains her is to put worms in those balls and knock at them to get them out!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wide hole type. And yes I actually just ordered a very colorful fabric hammock yesterday. What I find really entertains her is to put worms in those balls and knock at them to get them out!
Ok so make sure your UVB is directly over a piece of basking decor 8-10 inches -- is she getting those worms out of the balls ?

BeardieMomma

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so make sure your UVB is directly over a piece of basking decor 8-10 inches -- is she getting those worms out of the balls ?
Yes, sometimes. Sometimes she just watches them intently after I put a worm in and waits for them to fall, other times they start to come out a little and she jumps up and eats it. Once in a while she starts smacking at it for them to fall out.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, sometimes. Sometimes she just watches them intently after I put a worm in and waits for them to fall, other times they start to come out a little and she jumps up and eats it. Once in a while she starts smacking at it for them to fall out.
I 'd say shes entertaining then