• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Want to breed in the future.

Lamar Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
hey new to the forum. But not exactly new to beardies I had one for 2 years before giving it away to a disabled person for a companion. Now I have 4 baby beardies and was wondering exactly when can you realize the gender. I want to become a breeder and have custom built enclosures ready for the future. now they are in a 40 gallon breeder eating veggies and crickets at a abundance. And can brothers from the same clutch have any chance living together if the enclosure big enough.

Attachments

• 05ADFCFA-3C73-475B-897A-81C3FCD11C18.jpeg
    05ADFCFA-3C73-475B-897A-81C3FCD11C18.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 18

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, welcome to BDF. Its hard to tell the sex of a beardie until it gets to 6 months old. You shouldnt house beardies together, especially males as they will get aggressive and cause undue stress to each other, the older they get the more the aggression will manifest. You can get away with it as hatchlings for the first month or so ,but its not advisable. In the pic where they are laying on top of each other is called stacking, its not really desirable behaviour even though it looks cute and is in fact a beardie display of dominance. You have probably noticed a lot of arm waving too, this is a display of submission.

Lamar Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Question so should I just put them in their own individual tanks now instead of wait to tell the genders

LiamR

Hatchling Dragon
Male - 2 bumps.
Female - 1 bump.
Try to tell the gender now, although if you can't wait for a little while before you do it again. Though if you can see that they're fighting, it'd be best to get them in their individual tanks.
c9w8g.jpg

vwbc2.jpg

Image source from StackExchange.

Lamar Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yea no fighting and they all look female so unsure was wondering since I have 6 should I do 6 tanks or just shortage the larger for now and the smaller ones together

LiamR

Hatchling Dragon
What you could do is equal it out between sizes and then get tanks for their groups. I'm not sure how you would do it but here are some examples:
3 tanks w/ 2 Bearded Dragons in each or 2 tanks w/ 3 Bearded Dragons in each, you decide. Although what I think is that the less Bearded Dragons in a tank the better, as they're more of a solitary animal. It really depends on how much money you're willing to spend, hope this helps.
REMINDER: If one of them is a male put them in a tank alone, I'd say at least group two FEMALE Bearded Dragons together, if you're willing to save money.

Lamar Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yea I thinking try to rehome some just so I won’t have too many problems when they get older I got the stuff I need but I would be sick if I got mostly males lol but yea imma do groups of 2 and the ones that I can tell the gender I will do accordingly and they still pretty small I can throw one alone in a 10 for a couple months correct