• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vitamin Questions....

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
How often should I be dusting the feeder insects with Calcium/Vitamins? Also I have this for a UBV light...but the 24 watt version.
Do I still need Calcium with D3 of does this light do the trick?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How often should I be dusting the feeder insects with Calcium/Vitamins? Also I have this for a UBV light...but the 24 watt version.
Do I still need Calcium with D3 of does this light do the trick?
I haft to ask how old is the dragon?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
About 3 months
Ok yes calcium d 3 5 x per week insects dusted ONCE per feeding vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated w/ both- when he turns a year the supplements will change - you have a really good uvb make sure you change the bulb out in approx one year I recommend a month prior to

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Ok yes calcium d 3 5 x per week insects dusted ONCE per feeding vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated w/ both- when he turns a year the supplements will change - you have a really good uvb make sure you change the bulb out in approx one year I recommend a month prior to
Okay, just to be clear…..calcium with D3 once a day, 5 times a week. Vitamins once a day 2 times a week? How often do I dust with both? I thought you weren’t supposed to mix the two?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, just to be clear…..calcium with D3 once a day, 5 times a week. Vitamins once a day 2 times a week? How often do I dust with both? I thought you weren’t supposed to mix the two?
Example M-F dust w/ calcium d 3 once per feeding lightly coated - sat and sun dust vitamins w/ beta carotene once per feeding lightly coated. He should be offered insects 2-3 times per day but dust only once

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
Example M-F dust w/ calcium d 3 once per feeding lightly coated - sat and sun dust vitamins w/ beta carotene once per feeding lightly coated. He should be offered insects 2-3 times per day but dust only once
Thanks! You are beyond helpful!!!! Much appreciated.